Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy...

found on an FB status

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. If you can raed tihs, psot it to yuor wlal. Olny 55% of plepoe can raed it
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

I've seen this many times before, but not with the "only 55% of people can read it part." I don't think that is at all accurate, I would imagine the number is much higher.
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Me too...

I think it is funny that when you concentrate on the words, you start struggling, but when you just quickly read the text it goes without problems. But what if there are there different words with the same letters, the same first and last letters (I can't think of any).
      Also, it works even if the language is not your own...

Jörg
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

I think prediction based on context covers the words with same letters but different spelling VJ

I just found it amusing in that I read half way through it first off, without even twigging the speeeling was off
        Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

I saw this on the National Geographic channel some time ago. They had a number of small bits under the name "Think Again".
          Still funny though
          Laptops: ASUS G750JM: Intel Core i7 4700HQ, 8GB RAM (DDR3-1600), Nvidia GTX 860M, 1 x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD, 1 x WD 750 GB HDD, 17,3" FHD Screen, Windows 8.1 64-bit.
          ASUS Vivobook S400CA: Intel Core i5 3317U (1,7-2,6 GHz), 8 GB RAM (DDR3-1600), Intel HD4000, 1 x 500GB HDD, 14" touch-screen (1366x768), Windows 8.1 64-bit.

Comment

I have my name on a paper titled 'its whats on the outside that matters'. In the printed word there is slightly more information in the areas outiside the region defined by the bottom of the top stroke of a z and the top of the bottom stroke of a z. This and overall word shape are used heavily in language processing. You'll probably find it easier to read jumbled words where the positions of the ascenders and decenders are less affected.
            FT.

Comment

I read it quite happily.
              lol.
              PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
              Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
              +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Working...
              X