New NXT Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New NXT Video

Luke took his NXT stuff to school for a hobbies talk. As it was nearly £500 of stuff including my netbook for the BlueTooth remote control I took it in at the start of the session and recovered it straight after. He showed the old shooterbot movie and demoed Alpha-Rex (a walking robot).

It was so well received that he was persuaded to finish the movie of Alpha Rex and take in a DVD. It was a rush to get it done in time for school this morning but we managed it. The audio was done last minute so he may revisit that.

You can see it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAjoea7H4jA

Enjoy
    FT.

Originally posted by Fat Tone View Post
    Luke took his NXT stuff to school for a hobbies talk.
    So you were deprived of it for a whole day?

I haven't watched the movies yet (will do so tonight), but I can imagine it was cool stuff... Ever get the feeling you were born too soon?
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

He was moaning about how long it took WMM to create the .wmv. I had to explain that when I was his age we were using BBC micros and they were only just thinking about getting single pictures on there!

But...you are never too old to play
      FT.

Comment

Originally posted by VJ View Post
        So you were deprived of it for a whole day?
        Just 30 minutes. I wasn't risking it!

Our house is full of computers...oh wait, you mean the NXT. How silly of me
        FT.

Comment

Well, WMM does take a long time...
          (I once authored a dvd for friends of mine who had converted all their files to wmv... and no longer kept the originals because they were too big )

How things have changed: I still have my grandfathers 8mm editing table... Now that is interesting! A steel projector with manual film transport (both reels have these handles so you can turm them easily by hand), which projects on a 5" screen in between both reels, and a button to indicate tape position (it just makes a small cut in the tape). And then components to cut and tape film together... Oh, and a backlit letter board to make titles!
          pixar

Comment

Grandfather... lol I used to shoot my own 8mm at 8yo and edit it using the same rig
            Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasq View Post
              Grandfather... lol I used to shoot my own 8mm at 8yo and edit it using the same rig
              Don't feel too old: he did it when he was retired. So I have some 8mm films of me running around as a 5-6 year old kid.
              pixar

Comment

Working...
              X