Absurd law #294,987,524

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absurd law #294,987,524

New York is on the verge of bankruptcy, the governor is on the way out and yet they waste their time with stuff like this....not to mention that some dishes just flat out require the use of salt.

Link...

Chefs Call Proposed New York Salt Ban 'Absurd'

MYFOXNY.COM - Some New York City chefs and restaurant owners are taking aim at a bill introduced in the New York Legislature that, if passed, would ban the use of salt in restaurant cooking.

"No owner or operator of a restaurant in this state shall use salt in any form in the preparation of any food for consumption by customers of such restaurant, including food prepared to be consumed on the premises of such restaurant or off of such premises," the bill, A. 10129 , states in part.

The legislation, which Assemblyman Felix Ortiz , D-Brooklyn, introduced on March 5, would fine restaurants $1,000 for each violation.
    >
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 10 March 2010, 21:17.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

'...'
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Well, proposing absurd laws is common in many countries... In Belgium, they proposed seatbelts in trains after a recent train accident; whereas the better alternative would be to invest in faster deployment of systems that prevent a train from driving through a red light (which caused the accident). Other idiotic things were a proposal forbidding cash payments in restaurants and the agreement on shifting Easter 2 weeks back (they said they'd have an agreement by Easter, now they argumented that the Easter holliday is AFTER Easter, so if it is after the Easter holliday it'd still count as "before Easter")

Just hope it doesn't get passed...
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

If it gets passed, every resturant in NY will just have to close up shop, the bill says 'salt' not even 'sodium chloride'...
        Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

"You got the salt over there, Bob?"

"Um, salt is not good for you, hence it is illegal."

I thought we had to wait until 2032 for that to happen. Sh*t.

'Mehen, you are fined one credit for a violation of the Verbal Morality Statute.'
          Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
          Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Sounds like someone's PO'd because they got too much salt in their cannelloni.

I got some gumbo that was inedibly hot once. All spices should be banned!

Kevin

Comment

idiots
              Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Working...
              X