X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "American al-Qaida" spokesman Adam Gadahn captured

I see a treason trial in the offing....
    Link....

KARACHI, Pakistan -- The American-born spokesman for al-Qaida has been arrested by Pakistani intelligence officers in the southern city of Karachi, two officers and a government official said Sunday, the same day Adam Gadahn appeared in a video urging U.S. Muslims to attack their own country.

The arrest of Gadahn is a major victory in the U.S.-led battle against al-Qaida and will be taken as a sign that Pakistan is cooperating more fully with Washington. It follows the recent detentions of several Afghan Taliban commanders in Karachi.

Gadahn - who has often appeared in al-Qaida videos - was arrested in the sprawling southern metropolis in recent days, two officers who took part in the operation said. A senior government official also confirmed the arrest.

They spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to release the information.

Gadahn grew up on a goat farm in Riverside County, California, and converted to Islam at a mosque in nearby Orange County.

He moved to Pakistan in 1998, according to the FBI, and is said to have attended an al-Qaida training camp six years later, serving as a translator and consultant for the group. He has been wanted by the FBI since 2004, and there is a $1 million reward for information leading to his arrest or conviction.

The 31-year-old is known by various aliases including Yahya Majadin Adams and Azzam al-Amriki.
    >
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

A goat farmer? I was under the impression that his upbringing was more upscale than that.

Then again, I suppose some goat farmers make good money.

This news calls for a celebratory beverage.

Kevin

Comment

Ever price quality goats milk/cheese? Definitely not downscale.
      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
        Ever price quality goats milk/cheese?
        Actually no. Never had reason (or the nerve) to try it. Guess it would depend on how it was prepared.

Know any good goat cheese recipes?

Kevin

Comment

Anything with feta cheese: spinach pie, Greek salads etc.

Feta is a goat cheese and can run $1.50+ an ounce for good stuff at the market.
          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Goat meat can be tasty too.
            At my dad's second wedding, his wife's mom prepared some goat helper. It was not bad :rofl:
            We were playing the the animal in the yard that morning, eating it that night
            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzin View Post
              We were playing the the animal in the yard that morning, eating it that night
              Spoken like a farmer

I have tons of recipes for goat ranging from stews and soups to roasts with fritters in the middle.

Yummy!
              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Cabrito ! yumm!

Comment

They may not have got him: there is still confusion about the identity of the man/men captured.

However, if it does turn out this is Adam Gahdahn, his ass is toast. He was charged with Treason in absentia on October 11, 2006. He will be extradited and formally charged in persona; he will be convicted and serve out the remainder of his life in SuperMax unless there are further charges with him directly taking part in terrorist operations.

He could technically be put to death for his crimes as they are now, upon conviction. However, I doubt the US Attorney's Office will go that far.

Before anyone goes off and says he deserves a fair trial: he will get one, but no jury is going to aquitt this mutt; The case is extremely clear cut, and his testimony will be his undoing.

He may have renounced his citizenship on TV, but that doesn't count in a US Court of Law: you must go to an Embassy and renounce your citzenship in the presence of a consular official outside of the US by signing an Oath of Renounciation.
                  Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Hey, they could always send him to Guantanamo if he's no longer a citizen
                    "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Hmmm, I seem to remember a campaign promise about that...several actually, but I digress. This is one campaign promise I am happy to see broken.

In fairness to the current administration, they probably did not understand all of the details of the problem they were tackling.

Things change dramatically when you get access to ALL of the information relevant to the case - I have no idea what all of it is, but based on the actions of the government, it is clear they are staying pat for reasons they find compelling.
                      Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Working...
                      X