Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!

hiya all

i have a g400max sblive platinum aopen ax6bc motherboard. p3 550 (klamath)@ 645mhz.
    256mb pc100 going to get 550 (coppermine) heard it was better to O/C

ok im trying to get me cpu overclock to a higher speed can it be done. im using 5.5 @ 117fsb/29.9

and also which graphics card is better?

matrox g400max or creative geforce non pro!

having hard time to see which one to stick in me system

thanks alot

Thou shalt not covet their neighbours wife (Nvidea)

or something :O)
    Windows XP Pro + SP1 - Pentium 4 3.1gig - 1024mg DDR 333 2 cas - Thermaltake Xaser Case - Parhelia 128 - 3x Phillips TFT Monitors - Audigy 2 Platinum - 6.1 surround speakers - RTx100 - 5 HD 7200rpm (420gig) - Pioneer A03 - Partridge in a pear tree

Comment

I think this is the rigth forum for any question posted in a civilized maner (as this case)

Matrox G400 Max is still a fine video card. The drivers are quite mature, Opengl performance finally catched (and surpassed) the competition, Opengl stability is still an issue with the present beta drivers (hopefully it´ll be corrected in the final release, they named it beta for some reason after all). You have dual-head, EMBM, and very good DVD playback. 2D is awesome, powedesk has very usefull features, and the image quality suposedly is better than any other card out there - very important if you have a quality monitor.

The Ge-force suposedly is a generation ahead the G400. G400 should be compared more to the TNT2.
      Ge-force SDR has only one advantage compared to the G400: raw 16 bit color speed. Even 32 bit color performance isn´t that better than G400 because of severe memory bandwidth problems - you need the Ge-force DDR (anihilator pro) to fix that. The T&L hype seems to be that - hype. It performs very well in syntetical benchmarks (specially Nvidia ones) but it seems that in real life, a speedy cpu doing T&L in software can match the Ge-force performance. And remember that almost no game whatsoever requires THAT much t&l power.

To sum it up: G400 - image quality, decent performance, dual-head, good DVD. Ge-force SDR - Faster than G400 (mostly in 16 bit only), hardware T&L (althought its usefullness is questionable), no dual-head, less quality image, fair DVD.

So it´s up to you to make up the choice.

Comment

I say trash both the GeForce and the MAX and settle for a Trident VLB 512K full board "windows" accelerator.

Ahh...how I have missed that board...

Oh well, time to finish typing that paper on the other screen...

Green
        It's not a typo...it's probably corrupt graphics generated by your overclocked video card...

Comment

Working...
        X