wow a blast from the past!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow a blast from the past!

the spam PM reminded me that I had an account here!

so i thought i would ask a quick question

does anybody know how I unsubscribe from murc-owner@matroxusers.com?

tried alsorts of unsubscribe emails but still get the reminders!

sorry about the spam, still trying to nail that hole closed.

as for unsubscribing, even though I am the admin here, that was set up by Ant, and I know of zero details of it - I'm not even on it.
    Sorry wish I could be more help, but I'm not even sure where the mails are comming from, next one you get though, if you could copy the mail including headers into a PM for me, I'll give it another go at killing it.
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Ahh... I see Sqasq is on the case as far as the PM Spammer. Words like Rendition, High Voltage, Stepping Converters, and Eletrical Contacts comes to mind for the bastard who came up with it.
      Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

I a user changes his email address, does the subscription also change?

If these are linked, then it could be sufficiant to change your email address to some disposable address (i.e. gorillamail) to direct the mails there... Of course, if they are not linked, this won't help at all...
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Why anyone would want to unsubscribe is beyond me. I say BAN the bugger!

Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
          [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Well, there will alway be new buggers... And if one is not really active on the forum, I can imagine one would want to unsubscribe.

It is refreshing to see that so many old users still found the time to check back in!

Jörg
            pixar
            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

And I thought it was my Birthday present from MURC....LOL!!!
              "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Hah, just checked my old email and saw that notice too, had completely forgotten about these boards. Hope everybody is doing well

Comment

Working...
                X