Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to use Rainbow Runner with XP SP3

Hi,

Somewhere backed up I have quite a few avi files which I captured years ago using my RR and I now want to use them.

My XP SP3 box now uses a Radeon 4850 graphics card and I use Media Studio Pro 8 and MEP15Plus for editing.

Is there any reason why I should not be able to use these clips. Codecs etc..?

Thanks

oz

As the files are already captured, you can certainly use them. If your rig has not already got a MJPEG codec installed, you will need to add that. There are free ones but I recommend the PICVideo. Personally, I would avoid the Morgan, which I found more flaky.

Absolutely no hope of adding your RR for the hardware codec.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

The only real hope for running that card is to set up a Pentium, Athlon or AthlonXP system with Win98 or Win98 SE. Don't even think about Win ME or NT variant.

PICVideo is excellent, but expensive these days. Morgan is much cheaper and more stable than it used to be. You could also use the Matrox Digisuite MJPeg video-for-windows codec. Stable, fast enough and it has the ability to use a YUV only stream (no compression, Huffman encoding only and very high quality) in an MJPeg wrapper.

Google grass-hopper, Google.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Thanks guys,

I really appreciate the input. I have the Morgan but I haven't had the time to see if it all works or not with my saved files. Hopefully soon.

I am looking to see if I have the Hi8 tapes still as I do have the same camera.

Please keep the info coming if there is more..

best...

oz :-)

Comment

Working...
        X