Looking for MKV Encoder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for MKV Encoder

I have some movies in MKV and want to convert to DVD compatible format.

I have seen dozens of encoders but all suffer from the fact that in order to get the 16:9 aspect ratio, they streach the picture vertically not add bars.

The only way I could do it is to run the movie in ConvertX to DVD and later extract the mpeg movie from the VIDEO_TS folder using TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress.

Any ideas of sutable single task encoders, please ?
    We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

The way you are doing it is how I would have done it
    PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
    Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
    +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Originally posted by Evildead666 View Post
      The way you are doing it is how I would have done it
      Infact, that is the only way I have been doing it. I have been thinking prhaps that some sofware existed but from the looks of it, it doesn't. Thanks for your reply.

Comment

Here's a free converter that will convert you VOBs from your VIDEO_TS folder into the exact quality MPEG file:

Comment

I don't transcode video that much, but usually succeed with Super or MediaCoder... I don't know if they meet your requirements though...

The Super website is really a mess, and the downloadlinks is not so easy to find... (can't seem to link it directly)
          pixar
          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
          X