Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think Government Is Corrupt? You May Face 10 Years In Jail

Scary stuff.

The #1 Independent news service in the world, battling globalism and promoting a pro-human future worldwide. Infowars is Tomorrow's News Today.

"Subversives who think government is corrupt and should be controlled by the people face 10 years in prison and a $25,000 dollar fine if they fail to register with authorities in South Carolina, in another chilling example of how free speech and dissent is being criminalized in America."
    paulw

from the definitions at the very begining of the statute:
    (1) "Subversive organization" means every corporation, society, association, camp, group, bund, political party, assembly, body or organization, composed of two or more persons, which directly or indirectly advocates, advises, teaches or practices the duty, necessity or propriety of controlling, conducting, seizing or overthrowing the government of the United States, of this State or of any political subdivision thereof by force or violence or other unlawful means;
    The registration part will probably be declared unconstitutional due to freedom of association rights anyway, but .

Lets rewrite it in plain English: "It shall be illegal to conspire to illegally or violently overthrow the government"
    ALL governments have that law.

What this adds: "and if you plan to, then you need to register."

Yawn...

PS Reminds me of laws that attempt to put a sales tax on illegal drugs.
    Last edited by cjolley; 10 February 2010, 07:00. Reason: comma
    Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

Comment

DR: What, you mean some twit is actually gonna go " Dang, I didn't pay taxes for thet baggies of weed i got last night" and fills out the correct forms....

Or the one where they send out winning prize tickets to known felons, and they all turn up one afetr one to collect their "prize" lol...

Its basically a "If you're stupid enough to read this, and sign up, then please lock yourself away, and call us back in 10 years. Please send $25K to your local tax office. Thank You"

edit : " If you are a terrorist, please come and see us "
      PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
      Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
      +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

There is actually a tax on drugs. The problem is, it's the dealers that collect...
        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Working...
        X