X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VideoStudio Pro X3 released

Link....

Trialware....

Tutorials for X2 on YouTube - X3 soon....

$59 USD upgrade/download

What's New

Create, edit, render and share faster than ever with VideoStudio Pro X3—the best video-editing software for making HD movies. Now two times faster, it simplifies your entire workflow so you can focus on the creative aspects of movie making, without your software getting in the way.

Dramatically enhanced speed and performance

* New! Hardware acceleration for Intel® Core™i7, NVIDIA® CUDA™ and AMD
    * New! Launcher – quick access to express or advanced editing modes
    * New! Express Edit mode – make movies in minutes!
    * Enhanced! Smart Proxy for faster previewing and more responsive HD editing
    * Enhanced! All-new interface for a faster video-editing workflow

Studio-quality effects and templates

* New! Professionally designed templates from RevoStock®—worth over $500 US! (usually used in After Effects)
    * New! Real-time effects, including NewBlue®FX filters with key framing (radiance effects)
    * New! Effects for compositing and video animation, including RotoSketch and AutoSketch

Note:Rotosketch is a tool for sketching, doodling and notating on top of video. The marks that are made are linked in time with the video. This allows the user to draw strokes along the the axis of time, as well as the normal x and y axes.

AutoSketch can do some weird stuff, like if you have a portrait as an overlay it'll sketch what looks like a charcoal drawing of the pic then near the end fill it in with the color photo while simultaneously doing a key of the background (presuming its a distinct color). That's just one example.

* New! Multi-track filters that let you add effects to each of your tracks
    * New! GPU-accelerated high-speed filters with real-time preview
    * New! Customizable, royalty-free audio tracks from SmartSound®
    * Enhanced! Title effects for easy compositing

HD enhancements

* New! Blu-ray authoring with Hollywood-style menus, titles, transitions and effects
    * New! HD authoring to standard DVD media
    * New! Web-ready files – save HD MPEG-4 files for the Web with H.264 compression

More sharing options

* New! Upload directly to Vimeo®, Facebook®, YouTube™ and Flickr® in standard or HD
    * Enhanced! DVD authoring – output to CD, DVD or Blu-ray Disc™
    * Enhanced! Save to more file formats, including AVI, FLV, MP3 encode, AC3 5.1, AVCHDâ„¢, HD MPEG-2 and MPEG-4
    * Enhanced! Send to more devices, including iPod®, iPhone® and PSP®
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 27 January 2010, 09:32.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

This is amazing for the price. CUDA and OpenCL support is awesome.

Comment

Some "little things"

A VERY powerful "Picture in Picture" effect that can do much more than standard PiP's.

MUCH enhanced SmartSounds

A Video Paint-like tool called Painting Creator that talks to a tablet

AWB/manual white balance, including all the requisite sliders, a magic wand and manual setting by color temperature.

To my eye the chromakey, while still basic, does a better job of removing spillover

When you first access the tab containing SmartSounds it enters a live update dialog that pulls down and installs a ton of content.

It'll import your entire My Documents/My Music library into the audio module. Takes a while, but nice. Once that's done all it imports is new stuff.

There is a slider at the top/right that lets you scale media content icons dynamically. Nice as it lets you read the text but still zoom out quickly to see a bunch.

Tabs are down to just 3: capture, edit and share. The sub-features are in a bar to the left of the media/effects library: Media, Transition, Title, Graphic (object/frame/color/flash), Filter and Music.

Batch conversion, package, proxy etc.

Instant Projects - sort of like the templates in MSP8

Multi-track ripple manager

1 voice, 2 title and 3 music tracks

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 27 January 2010, 13:21.
      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Were you a beta tester on this one Doc??
        paulw

Comment

this is beginning to sound like a half-decent mid-entry-level application. However, because of Corel's terrible policy, I'll stick with Magix!
          Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

I'll stick with Magix!
            Which Magix you using?

I've tried Movie Edit Pro 13 & 14 (I think) and it was terrible with DV -- mangled the audio. Their support is pathetic, but on one of their forums I found you had to convert the Type2 DV from the camcorder (or my ADVC-100) to the old Adaptec style Type1 DV. This is a workflow killer for me. Other than not handling my main format it seemed pretty decent

The 64-bit Sony Vegas Pro 9 is working well for me on Windows 7 64-bit, got an update for $150 from my Vegas Video 3.

What a reasonably priced video card that'll support CUDA? I'm using an Nvidia 9400 of some flavor, but it was cheap and works well.

--wally.

Edit: What do you need to qualify for the Upgrade price?

Comment

I'm using the Magix pro X. To be quite honest, I'm still using the MSP independent capture module to use with the Magix product. Of course, this works fine ADVC-100. I agree that Magix capture still lose a little bit to be desired although I still use it for little bits and pieces.

Because of one year's poor health, I have not been doing nearly as much video as I would like and I'm still not 100% familiar with Magix, but I like it!

I also agree that their support is pathetic, but fortunately I have not been needing very much as I find that it is quite intuitive. Of course, Corel's support is even worse! The only decent support is from the non-Corel Forum (I think I am still a moderator there but I haven't opened it for a long time!). If Corel had played the game with MSP, I would probably still be with them (also DVD Workshop 3, if only it existed!)

I know it is only a tiny drop in the ocean, but I have over half a dozen Corel applications on my computers and I have chosen not to upgrade to any of them in favour of other marques. I used to swear by such applications as WordPerfect and Ventura, as well as Corel Draw! Such a pity that their commercial policy is so awful.
              Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

It's a $19 upgrade for me (purchased X2 just a cuople months ago). It's a no-brainer.
                Not bad considering I purchased X2 for only $39
                Last edited by gt40; 28 January 2010, 15:29.
                Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

A few notes on the pip effect....

First, it's one of the filters from NewBlue, and it's a doozie. Think in terms of a cross between a pip and moving path.

One of my favorite toys: REFLECTION. It gives you a controllable mirror image of the pip.

Other NewBlue filters include Active Camera, Air Brush, Crop Borders, Detail Enhancer and Water Color.

Camera shaking effects. Now you can do your own Cloverfield

Basic air brush effect. Works.

Crop borders is interesting because of the finely adjustable feather.

Basically their sharpness tool.

Basic water color tool.
                  Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 28 January 2010, 18:16.
                  Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I miss this place.

NLE's have gotten so good and so cheap that they pretty much just work.

I miss the days (kind of) of posting and replying all the time in here to figure out how to get this or that working!

- Mark
                    - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

Fry's has Video Studio Pro X2 for $50 with a $50 rebate this week. They changed their rebate setup to something really ridiculous -- register at a web sight (hello spammers) get a secret code, write the secret code on the back of the envelope, fill out the mail in form, enclose .....

Absurd. So its not going to happen for me.

--wally.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis View Post
                        Because of one year's poor health, I have not been doing nearly as much video as I would like.

Corel's support is even worse! The only decent support is from the non-Corel Forum (I think I am still a moderator there but I haven't opened it for a long time!). If Corel had played the game with MSP, I would probably still be with them (also DVD Workshop 3, if only it existed!).
                        Brian, So sorry to learn about your health. Hope you are better now.
                        I agree with you 100% about Corel. BTW you're still a mod. at the forum.
                        We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

Comment

Video Studio Pro X3

How Does It Compare With Media Studio 8,
                          I Am Currently Not Getting Smooth Transitions With Msp8 For Some Reason So I Am Considering Getting Video Studio Pro X3

Comment

Working...
                          X