May get one of these...used

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May get one of these...used

Apparently a used Quatro is not that expensive, especially if purchased from the states, am really considering it over my BMW 528i.

Any thoughts?

It is one of my favorites... An acquitance drives one of these, and it just looks so much more elegant and distinguished than other expensive cars...
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Wish I can afford a new one, the 2010's are absolutely gorgeous. I'll settle for 2006 or 2007

Comment

While Italians can really design great cars, they can't build them as well as design them.

Comment

Originally posted by Elie View Post
          Wish I can afford a new one, the 2010's are absolutely gorgeous. I'll settle for 2006 or 2007
          I like the use of the word settle...

Originally posted by UtwigMU View Post
          While Italians can really design great cars, they can't build them as well as design them.
          It has improved though...
          pixar
          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Just saw your future car on the way to work today.

Comment

Originally posted by UtwigMU View Post
              Just saw your future car on the way to work today.

How did it look? There are a few around now.

Italian cars have improved, especially Maserati. Once it was managed and controlled by Ferrari, things changed big time, and continue to improve. Look at the Gran Tourismo, simply amazing.

Comment

Did you mean once it was managed by Fiat?
                Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Actually Fiat is the head company, it owns Ferrari, Lancia, Alpha Romeo, Chrysler, Maserati, and a few other car companies.

Fiat asked Ferrari to co develop the new Maserati Engine and to work together to produce higher class cars to compete with BMW, Mercedes and Audi.

Ferrari succeeded and the result was the 3800, the 4200, the Quatroporte, the Gran Turismo, and the all mighty MC12.
                  Now apparently, the joint venture with Ferrari has diminished and now they have joined with Alpha, not 100% sure.

Comment

And for the record Fiat is very likely merging Chrysler and Lancia. I say very likely because of local news reports plus when I was shooting the Detroit Auto Show there for all to see was a Chrysler-badged Lancia Delta, pretty as you please. Goes right along with Lancia's CEO being appointed head of Chrysler.
                    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 29 January 2010, 18:38.
                    Dr. Mordrid
                    ----------------------------
                    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

That's good news Doc. I also heard that Lancia is on the verge of bankruptcy, so hopefully this merger will work out for both companies.
                      I would love to walk into a Chrysler dealer to buy a fiat or a Lancia.

Comment

Working...
                      X