• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving Pig-Pig

Love it....

Farmer's Mouth-To-Snout CPR Saves Piglet

Wash State's 'Pig Pig' Survives With Help Of Dog, Farmer

LA CENTER, Wash. -- A Washington state piglet's recent tale of swine survival not only involves man, but man's best friend, too.

Portland, Ore., affiliate KPTV reports that Pig Pig, who lives on Heidi and Jeff Olson's farm in La Center, Wash., had a rough start to life.

The piglet's mother accidentally crushed her after becoming ill from complications during birth.

"The mother pig was so sick she actually laid on her and didn't realize it," Heidi Olson said.

When Jeff Olson realized what happened, the tiny piglet was near death.

"She squished her flat," Heidi Olson said. "She was flat as a pancake, no heartbeat (and) cold."

But Jeff Olson reacted quickly in the only way he knew how to save the animal.

"He did the first thing that came to mind, which is mouth to snout," Heidi Olson said.

After about five minutes of mouth-to-snout CPR, Pig Pig began to breath on her own.

Pig Pig was the only surviving piglet of the litter, and her mother died, the Olsons said. Saving the piglet would be difficult with no mother to feed her, the family said.

Again, the Olsons improvised, placing Pig Pig with a litter of Red Healer puppies to see whether their mother could look past the obvious differences.

"The momma dog looked at me like, 'Are you crazy?' But nature took over and her mothering instinct took over and she brought her in as one of her own," Heidi Olson said.

Weeks later, Pig Pig is thriving and appears set to live a long and happy life.

"The only problem is the pig now thinks she is a dog," Heidi Olson said.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

hmm... red porker cattle pig

Comment

mmmm.....bacon
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
      X