Ford's Electric investment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford's Electric investment

The Detroit Auto Show is opening this week and in the run-up Ford has announced a $450 million investment in their EV program.

(Note: I'll be attending the charity preview just before the show opens)

WXYZ-TV story.....

DETROIT (WXYZ) - Ford plans to invest $450 million in its electric vehicle initiative in Michigan. It was a major announcement Monday at the Detroit Auto Show.

The plan includes moving battery pack assembly from Mexico to Michigan. It's a move that's expected to generate at least 1,000 jobs and save 34,000.

The automaker announced that all electric vehicles will be made at the Michigan Assembly Plant in Wayne. Hybrid development operations would move from Mexico to the Van Dyke Transmission Plant.
    >
    Last year at this time, the Michigan Assembly Plant was producing Navigators and Expeditions. However, by the beginning of 2011, around 3200 current employees will be making the Focus.

Ford also announced that in 2012 the same plant will be producing hybrids and plug-in vehicles as well. Art Mayes says "We're ready for the transition and I think it will bring new jobs. I really do."

After a tough 2009 year in the automotive industry, this is the kind of news workers needed to hear.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps
Working...
X