Dual monitor interference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual monitor interference?

I just bought a PC with a G400 dual head and two 19" monitors (in U.K.), so I can extend the desktop and see lots of stuff at once. These monitors interfere with each other badly(flicker) unless 12" or more apart, which is useless. Does anyone know of inexpensive 19" monitors which don't? Also, the PC company are stonewalling and refusing to take this stuff back, just because they don't want to. Does anyone else have experience of this problem?

Thanks, Max

Yes, the monitors need to be apart a little ways to prevent them from interfering with each other. That is just the way the magnetic fields work with monitors. Theoretically, you could put a nice sheet of lead directly between the two monitors and have them much closer.

Comment

try placeing a piece of sheet metal between them, it may sheild some of the magnetic and emi interfearance

Comment

I see many Viewsonics paired together (touching sides) without a problem (securities firms and trading floors)
        abit kt7-raid athlon 1ghz quantum 20.4gb - 7200 + wd 200bb - 7200 rpm UDMA100-
        g400 max-
        256MB pc133 sdram - sblive value 3.0 - 4 Boston Acoustics A40's - 3com 3c905b-tx - cable access - winME
        dx7.?- V3 steering wheel/pedals - MS sidewinder PRO
        Kensiko (Netpointe) scrolling mouse

Comment

Had the same problem, just put the sides off your case between the monitors, thats what i did. I have no problems with the interfernce anymore on my vrapy 17in monitors. Also make sure your cables are not tangled up.. That will also help.

------------------
          PIII 450 @ 504
          generic BX motherboard
          G400 MAX : )
          Maxtor 13 gig UDMA 33
          Maxtor 13 gig UDMA 66
          Creative 36x CD-ROM
          HP 2x2x6x CD-RW
          64 megs PC100 RAM
          128 megs PC133 ECC RAM
          NetGear 10/100
          Soundblaster 32 AWE
          Diamond SupraExpress 56k
          Logitech Wireless Desktop (best $50 ive ever spent)
          1 92mm Sunon Fan
          4 80mm Sunon Fan's

Comment

Working...
          X