• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM steals Microsoft's CFO

None other than Chris Liddell

Detroit News story.....

GM picks Microsoft CFO to run finances

General Motors Co. has tapped Chris Liddell, chief financial officer of Microsoft Corp., to be its new vice chairman and chief financial officer in the automaker's latest shakeup of its top management team.

"Chris brings a depth and experience to this job that were unmatched in our search for a new financial leader," said GM Chairman and CEO Ed Whitacre. "Chris will lead our financial and accounting operations on a global basis and will report directly to me. We're also looking to his experience and insights in corporate strategy as a member of the senior leadership team in helping our restructuring efforts."

Liddell replaces Ray Young, who becomes vice president of international operations. The Obama administration had been very critical of how GM's financial operations were managed. The automaker had been looking for a new CFO for several months.

Liddell's appointment comes less than two weeks after Whitacre ousted former CEO Fritz Henderson and made several key management changes that gave more responsibility to younger executives and moved women into important roles running GM's sales and marketing operation, as well as manufacturing and labor relations.
    >
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Wondered where the boy from downunder went to. Saw in the local news he had left MS.. Wonder if he can help turn Gov Motors around..
    paulw

Comment

Can't do much worse than previous managment...
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
      X