Brittany Murphy, Shellie of Sin City, dead @32

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brittany Murphy, Shellie of Sin City, dead @32

Just heard about it. The squads were called to her and her hubbies home in LA and she was transported to a hospital where she died of a cardiac arrest.

Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

I don't thing anyone's buying a simple cardiac arrest at this age and with her. Police is investigating.

LOS ANGELES — Brittany Murphy, the actress who got her start in the sleeper hit "Clueless" and rose to stardom in "8 Mile," has died in Los Angeles. She was 32.

Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Spokeswoman Sally Stewart said Murphy died at 10:04 a.m. Sunday. She would not provide a cause of death, or any other information.

The Los Angeles Fire Department responded to a call at 8 a.m. Sunday from a home that is listed as belonging to British screenwriter Simon Monjack, who is married to Murphy, spokesman Devon Gale said. Gale said one person was transported to a hospital.

Los Angeles police have opened an investigation into Murphy's death, Officer Norma Eisenman said Sunday afternoon. Investigators have been dispatched to Murphy's home in the hills of West Hollywood.
    "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

There was a recent weight loss and she had stated that she felt like her heart was racing all the time. Sure sounds like tachycardia for some reason. Mother says she secretly suffered from diabetes

Autopsy tomorrow

>
      Los Angeles Fire Department spokesman Devon Gale said emergency services were called to the house she shares with her British screenwriter husband Simon Monjack in Los Angeles at 8am local time.

According to reports, her mother Sharon Murphy discovered her daughter unconscious in the shower.

Paramedics determined that Brittany was in full cardiac arrest and immediately administered CPR.

They continued mouth-to-mouth as they sped to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, several miles away from her home, but Brittany was pronounced dead on arrival at 10.04am on Sunday.

Neighbour Clare Staples said Monjack, 39, appeared 'dazed' as he helplessly watched firefighters trying to resuscitate the actress outside their home, adding it 'looked as though she was dead at the scene'.
      >
      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 20 December 2009, 20:30.
      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Originally posted by TransformX View Post
        I don't thing anyone's buying a simple cardiac arrest at this age and with her. Police is investigating.
        From a medical point of view, the cause of death can be as simple as cardiac arrest: this doesn't imply or say anything about the cause of the cardiac arrest...
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

RIP.
          Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

AP update. H1N1?

Worst part for her mom, a breast cancer survivor, is that she's an only child.

3 films in post-production: Something Wicked and Abandoned, both lead roles, and The Expendables.

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Brittany Murphy's family said the actress was ill with flulike symptoms in the days before her death and prescription medications were taken from her home, the Los Angeles coroner's office said Monday.

The 32-year-old star of films such as "Clueless" and "8 Mile" died Sunday morning after collapsing at her Hollywood Hills home. Paramedics tried to revive her, but she was pronounced dead at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.

Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter said they will conduct an autopsy Monday to try to determine what killed the actress, and said her death appeared to be from natural causes. He said the reported illness could have contributed to her death, but it will be weeks before a final determination is made.

Toxicology tests will be performed, and officials will contact her personal physician to get a better sense of Murphy's medical history, Winter said.
            >
            Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 21 December 2009, 13:05.
            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

So Sad
              R.I.P.

She also did the voice for luanne on King of the Hill....
              PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
              Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
              +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Originally posted by Evildead666 View Post
                So Sad
                R.I.P.

latest thing I heard on the radio is that they are calling it a prescription drug accidental OD..sounds like Health Ledger.
                Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Originally posted by Evildead666 View Post
                  So Sad
                  R.I.P.

Really?

Comment

Yes, really.

Fresh today;

LA Times...

>
                    On Monday, the Los Angeles County Coroner's office deferred a final decision on the actress' death, pending a toxicology report, for as much as six weeks. Los Angeles Police Department officials, however, said an initial investigation yielded no evidence of a crime. Sources close to the investigation did say that Murphy showed signs of severe internal bleeding.
                    >
                    Dr. Mordrid

Comment

My wife is betting on anorexia and I'm leaning towards drugs (possibly diet related). Sad either way. She did some fun movies.
                      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

UPDATE: Last chapter in the story -

CBS News link....

Brittany Murphy's Husband Found Dead

Screenwriter Simon Monjack Dies of Heart Failure Just 5 Months After Young Actress Spouse Found Dead

(CBS) The widower of actress Brittany Murphy, screenwriter Simon Monjack, has been found dead in the home the couple once shared in the Hollywood Hills, just five months after his wife died of complications from pneumonia.

Entertainment Tonight reports that an emergency call was made from the home in the 9 o'clock hour (Pacific time) Sunday night, and that Monjack was pronounced dead of cardiac arrest after medics' efforts to revive him failed, according to Los Angeles police.
                        >
                        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                        X