Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel like a new man!

Why? I quit facebook, that's why.

It was too creepy, I wasted too much time on it, and it just turned into a forum for me to poke fun at people. That's what this place is for - I can poke fun at people I will never have to see face-to-face
    (That and I'm going to be applying for some government jobs, figured there was nothing on my account that could possibly help me.)
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

I have facebook and myspace blocked by our router.
    Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

Comment

I have a facebook account but don't really use it. It is more of a "reserve my name"-kind of thing, just to be sure... I do use it sometimes to chat to people that don't have msn: the Miranda-IM client supports the facebook protocol, so basically you don't need the facebook website.
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

funny, the more computer savvy a person is, the less they tend to like facebook.. I am on there, but rarely post anything.. unfortunately it is the only way I get to see family pictures from the extended family
        We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Well, if you must use facebook, then get Firefox/Chrome, install the GreaseMonkey plugin, and get some facebook filtering script (I use fbpurity) to get rid of all those quiz-results and game-messages.
          Some greasemonkey scripts also work in Opera.

A bit off topic, but there are other interesting scripts for Greasemonkey: add youtube download links, ....
          Last edited by VJ; 18 December 2009, 10:59. Reason: added hyperlinks
          pixar

Comment

We have a private family site that my cousin and I maintain. Much more secure and backed up regularly.
            Dr. Mordrid
            ----------------------------
            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

that requires the extended family to be more computer savvy than they are. they can barely handle facebook as it is

Comment

Gallery 2 home: http://gallery.menalto.com/

One of my favorite G2 sample sites....
                Dr. Mordrid

Comment

You wouldn't believe how much I've gleaned about my daugher and what she's up to through facebook - things she won't speak to us about, but has no problem telling the rest of the world. Nothing bad, mind you, she's really a good kid, but there's certain things that she doesn't like to talk to he parents about.
                  Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Before Facebook we told our friends such matters face2face :shrug:
                    Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I do have such a gallery site for my own family, but the cousins and other relatives don't think they can figure it out \

Comment

Have a facebook page which I visit about once a month, maybe less.
                        I don't post, just see how many old school friends have found me on there...

lots of peple send me quiz's and sh*t, but i just ignore them 99% of the time...
                        PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
                        Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
                        +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Try the Greasemonkey with fbpurity: it hides all the quiz-things (but gives you a toggle option near top right should you want to see them), only leaving the news updates. Makes life a lot easier.
                          pixar

Comment

I still won't check it.

I only check email like once a week....
                            PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
                            Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
                            +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Btw, if you have kids you need to know about this: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...9092328AAWp49X

Scary because these sites must be put up by adults yet all kids seem to know about them.

This is even worse, a Yahoo group: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Pick-A-Proxy/
                              Chuck
                              秋音的爸爸

Comment

Working...
                              X