Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• network configuration

Hello,

I have a network configuration question... Current situation: laptop and usb 3G modem.
    The 3G modem has issues with Windows 7, so I have a linux distribution in VMWare that is compatible with it and that acts as gateway: it is also dhcp server on the virtual network (vmnet8, I disabled the vmware dhcp service, virtual networkadapter is configured as NAT).

I would now like to add a pc with 2 network cards and a wireless non-3G router and connect the 3G modem to the pc (so I'll just use the same virtual machine), but then would like to share the network via my router.

I'm guessing I can reconfigure the virtual machine to use a physical adapter (is this the case when I configure the virtual networkadapter as "bridged"?) and connect that one to the internet port of the router. I could then connect the second network adapter to a downstream port on the router, and also connect the laptop to the router (wired or wifi).

Would this situation work?
    There would be a double NAT, but I had that in the past without problems.

Thanks!

Jörg
    Last edited by VJ; 16 December 2009, 04:09.
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)
Working...
X