Speech brain interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speech brain interface

One of many brain-machine interfaces to come....

Link....

Vocalizations Return to Paralyzed Man, Via Wireless Brain-Computer Interface

Locked-In Syndrome is one of the most terrifying brain lesions -- leaving patients aware but almost entirely without the power to move. Now, a collaboration of American academic researchers has implanted a wireless brain-machine interface, developed by Neural Signals of Duluth Georgia, into a locked-in subject who is almost completely paralyzed.

The system uses brain electrodes to read signals meant for jaw and mouth muscles. An FM radio is used to transmit these brain signals to a computer, which transforms them into recognizable sounds. Currently the system is only able to produce vowels, but with more electrodes and more powerful algorithms it should be able to scale up to fully vocalized words.
    >
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Impressive!
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

So they have to implant electrodes onto the brain ?
      PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
      Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
      +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Working...
      X