No announcement yet.

video upload service for group project?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• video upload service for group project?

Hi
    I'm about to ask a bunch of people to create and submit short (1-2mins) videos for a project I am working on. There'll be at least 60 vids, possible a couple of hundred.

Of course each video could be in any format, depending on what hardware and software they have, and the files could be fairly large.

So to avoid file format and size issues I'm looking for an online facility that people can upload their content to, then I can hopefully download them all in a consistent format. I am open to other ideas.

Would really appreciate any suggestions you have. I am happy to pay for the service. Vimeo looked like it might work, but they only offer download in original and their own format.

Many TIAs, and apols if this should be in DTV.

Tony.
    FT.

YouTube?????
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Not really because I want to keep it private, at least for now while I sort the selection and editing. As I said, happy to pay.

I've found http://online.movavi.com/ which looks like it will do what I want, for free. Just need to do some tests.
      FT.

Comment

You can keep YouTube private.

Comment

Try "Vimeo"

Comment

Thanks. They do look good but you the upload converts to their format, you can only download that or the original. With Youtube you can't download at all, legitimately.

The point of this exercise is that up to a few hundred people get their videos to me, and if the process can put them all in a sensible format for editing and later hosting (some of them) then so much the better.
            FT.

Comment

More complex, then, but should satisfy your needs. WMV files can be embedded in Expression Web 2 ASPX projects, which uses an integrated WMP on line and can be up/downloaded at will in whatever format your bandwidth allows streaming. Superb quality possible.

Comment

Working...
              X