The Shadow (2012)

They Live (2011)

When Worlds Collide (201?)

Romancing the Stone (2011)

The Illustrated Man (2010)

The Howling (201?)

Judge Dredd (2012)

Kull (201?)
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 25 November 2009, 02:53.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

That last one should be Krull, no ?

edit : Also, what are they gonna have on TV at christmas and new years if they redo all the films before 1999...?
    PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
    Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
    +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

No, not Krull.

Kull of Atlantis, AKA Kull the Conqueror, created by Robert E. Howard who also created Conan the Barbarian. Kull the Conqueror was also a 1997 film starring Kevin Sorbo.

There are many similarities and possible connections between Kull, who predated Conan, and the original He-Ro, AKA Lord Grayskull, who predated He-Man.

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 25 November 2009, 13:35.
      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

"They Live" wasn't that a movie where aliens live among us but are camouflaged to look like us, and the only way to detect them is to wear special sun glasses and stuff?

Comment

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum."

That movie has my favorite 80's one line of all time Good old Roddy Piper.

The movie itself wasn't too shabby either. For an 80's action flick staring a WWF (back when it was WWF not WWE) wrestler.
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Yeah hehe, that's the one!! I thought it was a good ole flick. Wondering what a remake of that would look like today with all the special effects technologies available.

Comment

They Live is one of those flicks where 'just enough' effects is more than enough.

It's the story first, folks.
              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

[QUOTE=Dr Mordrid;672853]No, not Krull.

Kull of Atlantis, AKA Kull the Conqueror, created by Robert E. Howard who also created Conan the Barbarian. Kull the Conqueror was also a 1997 film starring Kevin Sorbo.

There are many similarities and possible connections between Kull, who predated Conan, and the original He-Ro, AKA Lord Grayskull, who predated He-Man.

My mistake.
                Had never heard of him, then again he probably had a different name over here....
                PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.

Comment

On the subject of remakes.

Rob Zombie should learn that being good at music does not equal a film director.

He ruined Halloween reboot, and the II is a pile of poo too by the looks of the reviews....

My favorite film series of all time....along with the Puppet Masters...

Comment

Working...
                  X