Recommend a cordless laptop mouse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend a cordless laptop mouse?

Googling comes up with the MS 5000 (but it has a lot of poor reviews) and the Logitech VX470, which doesn't appear to have side navigation buttons.

My laptop (Dell Vostro 1720) has bluetooth and lots of USB ports, so I won't mind a dongle as long as it is small enough to be left in. Any suggestions please?

Thanks,

T.
    FT.

I've got the Logitech V470 (is VX470 a typo?) bluetooth mouse. As far as that one:

- as it is bluetooth, it does not need an external dongle on most notebooks
    - you can reprogram the horizontal mouse-wheel tilt to function as back/forward buttons with a program like autohotkey (I'm using it that way), without affecting the vertical scrolling ability of the wheel or the wheel clicking ability
    - battery life is about 4-6 months on heavy use
    - battery compartment does not properly fit physically large batteries like the duracell ultra series (due to the design, it will block the mouse buttons)
    - you can only pair it with one PC at a time without going through the pairing procedure, so it is very inconvenient to use it with multiple machines
    - it is physically a rather small mouse. Try and see if you find it comfortable before you buy it!

Comment

Not for laptop, but benchtop, I recently had a look at mice. I rather fancied a Logitech MX1100 but they are not available here. I therefore settled on a fairly cheap Verbatim 49011. This is smaller than the MX1100, and is quite comfortable with rubberised surfaces and I've been pleasantly surprised at its performance for a cheap-o. Its USB dongle looks like a memory stick, slightly shorter. The batteries can be recharged in situ from a USB port. It has 5 buttons.

My ham fists are too big for "laptop" mice (this is why I liked the MX1100, as it is a) man-sized and b) has skirts to prevent hand-benchtop friction which can reduce precision)
      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

I have a MS Wireless Mobile 6000 and I like it. I has a nano trasceiver so it only pops out a little from the USB port. It uses the new BlueTrack tech which is okay. A little better than laser imo.
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

^^^^ what he said
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Trackpoint all the way, mouse is for noobs

Comment

Cheers guys. One MS Mobile 6000 on its way
              FT.

Comment

Working...
              X