Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marvel/Blaster Platinum/2500 - TV Sound? AC3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel/Blaster Platinum/2500 - TV Sound? AC3?

As a first time post I would like to say how much I enjoy your website and forums.I have been using the Marvel/AWE 64 Gold/Microsoft System 80 Speaker setup the last 6 months with no problems.
    I recently purchased the Soundblaster Live Platinum / Cambridge 5.1 DTT 2500 speaker system and have hooked it up as follows:

Matrox in-out audio (off break out box cable) to line in-line out (back of sound card)
    SPDIF out (Live Drive)into digital in (back of 2500)
    Note: I didn't use the Digital Coax cause Soundblaster did not send me the adapter for the back of the sound card <angry>.
    Is this audio setup correct?

I am not recieving any audio from TV Tuner or any audio inputs to BOB.The SPDIF out should be the gateway to the speakers.Correct? There is no where else to tap an Analog line out since the BOB is connected to it. All other audio works; DVD, CD etc.

The BOB audio outputs never worked before for TV, or anything else for that matter.I use the video feed from the back of BOB to my TV and just use the sound from the 2500 for DVD since the TV is close to the computer.

Also - no AC-3! That Dolby Digital light hasn't worked yet. Read a past forum article on this and said something about getting a region selector!? Does the Matrox DVD Software pass AC-3 signal to the 2500?
    I want my AC-3 !!!!

Any help would be appreciated!
    Thanks!

Computer Specs:
    BH6 - PIII 500 - 128 RAM - Pioneer 8X DVD - mutiple HD's etc.
Working...
X