Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ioXtreme PCIe SSD

ioXtreme and ioXtreme Pro

The ioXtreme and ioXtreme Pro PCI Express solid state storage devices boost productivity for I/O intensive workstation applications. The ioXtreme Pro adds proprietary X-Link layering technology that allows you to scale performance by adding one or more ioXtreme Pro cards to your ioXtreme base for ultra-demanding work such as cinema quality rendering, high-resolution video playback, and scientific computing.

* Average bandwidth of 520 MB/s
    * Throughput of 700 MB/s
    * 80GB of high performance, non-volatile NAND Flash storage
    * Copy, edit, save massive files 5x faster
    * Multi-card performance scaling with ioXtreme Pro
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Impressive stuff! Would be tempted at half the price and double the storage. 900USD is still a lot of money.

Comment

Makes me wonder if there is no market for ultra fast 10 GB disks, perhaps even smaller ones. They could be large enough to host (only) the OS or swapspace, yet cheap enough to be affordable.

Still, seeing these evolutions is nice! The only problem that is getting worse all the time is backing up data. We keep producing more data (and don't really notice due to faster disks etc.), but backing it all up (e.g. over network) is really becoming an issue...
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

They would also be useful for the logs/journal portions of several different file systems. Putting those on dedicated devices can really help speed up file system performance for a lot of the small loads.

Comment

Excuse me while I drool.
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
          X