Anyone owns an iPhone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone owns an iPhone?

I am thinking of buying one tomorrow a 3Gs in particular, and I am wondering what your experiences are with the phone.
    Bells new HSPA network is extremely fast and I want to take advantage fo the speed.

Read a statistic the other day: 60% of touch-screen phone users would not buy anther one.

I'm sure I'd fall into that group given my size 12+ hands - basically bear paws. I have trouble finding gloves to fit them even in big & tall shops
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

From what I've heard on Cnet reviews about this fone. It's nice to use but the wireless side of it leave allot to be desired..

I won't buy an iphone as I'm against paying the Apple tax on it plus their control freak attitude as to how you can use it even if it's unlocked..
      paulw

Comment

Originally posted by paulw View Post
        From what I've heard on Cnet reviews about this fone. It's nice to use but the wireless side of it leave allot to be desired..

I won't buy an iphone as I'm against paying the Apple tax on it plus their control freak attitude as to how you can use it even if it's unlocked..

What kind of control are you talking about exactly?
        Can you not make calls from it? Can you not load apps and use them? Can you not play music and watch videos?

What control does Apple have that limits the use of the phone?

I'm not going to use the phone to hack the department of defence or anything hehe

Comment

I'm also on the bubble for an iPhone 3Gs (have been for quite some time), and just can't seem to make my mind up... Main issue is that I don't like that whole unlocking stuff (dunno why), and that in Belgium they are unlocked when you buy one... but they are expensive...
          On one hand, I'd like a nicer userinterface than my HTC (Windows Mobile), and have some similar functionality; on the other hand I'm now have 2 simcard (one for voice, one for data), so that kills the mobile data usage... The large amount of applications and general accessory support is also appealing...

Or maybe... can it connect to a bluetooth PAN?

Jörg
          Last edited by VJ; 14 November 2009, 09:54.
          pixar
          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
            Read a statistic the other day: 60% of touch-screen phone users would not buy anther one.

I'm sure I'd fall into that group given my size 12+ hands - basically bear paws. I have trouble finding gloves to fit them even in big & tall shops

Size 12, that's it?

I have bear paws too and don't really have much of a problem with my Sprint Mogul (HTC PPC-6800). But I use a stylus or my fingernail more than my finger.

The newer phones are getting bigger screens and buttons, so even people with paws will be able to handle the new stuff better. The prime example being the HTC HD2 ... pretty phone

Larger screen, physically and resolution, than an iPhone, and with capacitive touch. I hope they do a slide out QWERTY version. I hate screen real estate being sucked up by virtual keyboards.
            “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
            –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I chose the 3GS over the HTC Hero recently. They seem very similar in features, but the Iphones keyboard and speed won me over. Previously only owned Sony Ericsson phones, but now I just love my Iphone! Will never go back to a "regular phone".

The Star walk and Cyclopedia apps are really, really cool:

http://vitotechnology.com/star-walk.html

http://www.chemicalwedding.tv/cyclopedia.html

I have quite big hands too, and struggled a little bit at the start. But then I put the phone on it's side and used the keyboard only with my thumbs (!). I can write pretty fast this way.
              Last edited by jms; 14 November 2009, 10:47.

Comment

I have one and it's biggest downfall is its inability to display any flash content. Other than that one MAJOR thing I really like it.

Comment

Touch Phone

Originally posted by jms View Post
                  I chose the 3GS over the HTC Hero recently. They seem very similar in features, but the Iphones keyboard and speed won me over. Previously only owned Sony Ericsson phones, but now I just love my Iphone! Will never go back to a "regular phone".
                  I just purchased my first touch phone yesterday...I went for the HTC Hero(..Sprint Network). Up till now I have just used "regular" cell phones as I am a "basic user".

The HTC Sync application doesn't work with Win 7 UE 64bit , but does in Vista UE 64 bit

I put a 16 GB MicroSD card in it...it works!

This is basically my "learning" phone to see if I like having one(...I should have it figured out by the time my 2 year contract is up!)

cc
                  Last edited by Chucky Cheese; 14 November 2009, 13:05.

Comment

Originally posted by jms View Post

The Star walk and Cyclopedia apps are really, really cool:

http://vitotechnology.com/star-walk.html

http://www.chemicalwedding.tv/cyclopedia.html

I have quite big hands too, and struggled a little bit at the start. But then I put the phone on it's side and used the keyboard only with my thumbs (!). I can write pretty fast this way.
                    Get the Xperia X10 next year then if you love SE phones
                    [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                    Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                    Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                    Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                    Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Originally posted by Elie View Post
                      What kind of control are you talking about exactly?
                      Can you not make calls from it? Can you not load apps and use them? Can you not play music and watch videos?

What control does Apple have that limits the use of the phone?

I'm not going to use the phone to hack the department of defence or anything hehe

Down here in New Zealand all mobiles are unlocked but the iphone can only be tethered to a Vodafone SIM. Apple has verboten any other carrier SIM from being tethered even though the carrier have no problems with tethering.. Came out on the last great iphone update..
                      paulw

Comment

I have a Toshiba TG01 (Windows Mobile 6.5). I really cannot get on with the touchscreen keyboard (even though it is 4.1") and have to use the stylus. The body doesn't have a place for the stylus so I have it tied to the microUSB port cover.

For email, I really miss my BlackBerry. In fact, apart from this phone being cheaper to run, for my usage patter there's nothing on it better than the BB.
                        FT.

Comment

That is - apart from the price - my only gripe: will I like the keyboard... I have a HTC TyTN, and while the keyboard isn't great, I can type quite well on it...

FT: Ever though of the Lamy twin pen IT or tri pen IT? The latter is on my wishlist.....
                          pixar
                          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

I haven't had much luck with my Iphone 3G...I totally lost any EDGE connectivity back in Feb and got a new phone. My Wifi crapped out in September, just after my warrenty ran out. It drops calls alot (30% in the NYC area is considered normal) and well I haven't really used the iPod part of it that much or as much as I thought I was.

I'm seriously considering going back to Verizon (who I had for nearly 10 years prior to going to ATT nearly 2 summers ago) and getting the new Driod phone they came out with, it seems pretty nice and a coworker just got one so I'll be asking him how he likes it after some useage. One of the reasons I went to ATT was the coverage right where I lived was flaky with Verizon, but my friend comes over and has no issues with her handset.
                            Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

From what I've read the biggest issue with the iPhone is AT&T

Looking at getting a Palm Pre at some point
                              When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Working...
                              X