8 Dispay Matrox Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 Dispay Matrox Card

Montreal, Canada, November 10, 2009/PRNewswire/—Matrox Graphics, the leading manufacturer of specialized graphics solutions, today announced the launch of the Matrox M9188 PCIe x16 Octal graphics card, capable of supporting eight DisplayPort or DVI Single-Link outputs from a single workstation. The Matrox M9188 PCIe x16 offers 2GB of memory, resolutions up to 2560x1600 per output, and advanced desktop management features—such as independent or stretched desktop modes—to drive energy, transportation, process control, financial trading, and other mission-critical environments with exceptional performance.
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

New Video card from Matrox

tomshardware blog about it below

what are your thoughts guys?
    doubt it could be handy for playing games in surround view
    Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
    ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

OpenGL 2.0 and DX 9.0 only.
      2Gb of RAM is a lot tho, even for 8 outputs...

Not sure what the 3D capabilities would be, but not much probably, its a 2D card...
      PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
      Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
      +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

So 8 monitors on one card...
        Multiple such cards in a system (I'm guessing 3-4 max, unless there are mainboards with more PCIe-x16 slots)...
        Sounds like it offers nice videowall capabilities!

At least nice to see Matrox is still doing what they do best...

Oh, and I do feel sorry for Mehen... He posted in the correct forum, and hasn't gotten a single reply yet...
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Sounds like another made-for-video editors/multimedia/workstation special.

Have to take a look-see.
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I'm guessing more aimed at control stations (e.g. for subways, factories, ...)...
            pixar
            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Same parameters work for both. Parhelia, P-750 and APVe were great business and editing cards. The more outputs the better.

Mod hat on

How about merging this thread with Mehan's earlier thread in Matrox Hardware?

Mod hat off
              Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 11 November 2009, 13:13.
              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Dammit. This part of the forum had so many cobwebs on it, I couldn't even see you had posted here.

Can't seem to see what chip IP it would be based on, but DX9 and OpenGL 2.0 seems very last gen, but thats all you need for display systems, and video playback...
                PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.

Comment

This card is obviously intended for industrial use, in airports, trading, etc..
                  I would not expect any kind of performance in 3d, and only marginal in 2d.
                  I'd be surprised if it even did video editing any better than 3 gen old cards, with the exception of being able to render any OGL 2.0 effects.
                  I'd bet both DX9 and OGL2.0 are software rendered.
                  Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

The M-Series page says...
                    Based on a new ASIC, these cards build upon the reliability and stability of previous Matrox products, and retain core Matrox benefits such as long life-cycles, top-to-bottom manufacturing, and unified display driver models for easy deployment across multiple systems.
                    and the user guides confirm that it's video playback capable.

Aside: did you know that the Matrox P690 is being integrated into a multimonitor avionics package by Goma Electronica SPA for use on Dassault's Falcon business jet?
                    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 12 November 2009, 10:30.
                    Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
                      The M-Series page says...
                      and the user guides confirm that it's video playback capable.

Aside: did you know that the Matrox P690 is being integrated into a multimonitor avionics package by Goma Electronica SPA for use on Dassault's Falcon business jet?

Cool!!!!

Comment

As long as they'r not using Windows for the critical apps, thats fine, just fine

Comment

I'm sure it's fast enough to play crysis on all displays ;-)
                          A CRAY is the only computer that runs an endless loop in just 4 hours...

Comment

Originally posted by Nicram View Post
                            I'm sure it's fast enough to play crysis on all displays ;-)

if by crysis, you mean a nice promotional slide show
                            We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Working...
                            X