A Chipset Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Chipset Question

I've been trying to find the differences between these two chipsets intel 865GV and intel 865G but have not managed to find any info.

OK, I managed to find the info @ intel. However I need to know just what this means, please.

On the 865GV : External Graphics Interface N/A
    On the 865G : External Graphics Interface AGP8X (1.5V)
    Last edited by Debbie; 2 November 2009, 07:45.
    We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

Comment

The 865GV would be the Value Edition of the 865G with stripped down functionality. Looking at the specs on Intel's site, the difference is that the 865G supports an AGP slot (8X) for adding on a graphics card while the 865GV is limited to only the built in graphics hardware (Intel Extreme Grpahics 2). There is no AGP hardware(or it is disabled).

Otherwise, there is no major difference.

Comment

WxDude, Thanks for the expanation. I found that out because 865GV chipset is on the Asrock P4i65GV MOBO which has a AGI slot and it is not a proper AGP. Infact there is an incompatibility with ATI Radeon boards such as the 9600.
        We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

Comment

The 865G's AGP slot multiplexes the AGP signals with Digital Video Output (DVO) signals on the AGP connector. You can get a card that would read the DVO signals and give you a DVI port. On the 865GV, there are no AGP signals, so you get an "AGP" slot, but it will only work with the DVO card and not an AGP Gfx card.

Comment

Working...
          X