• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie disasters in waiting....

Variety.com....

Carr to drive 'Short Circuit' remake

'Mall Cop' director takes on Dimension comedy

By MICHAEL FLEMING

Dimension Films has signed Steve Carr to direct "Short Circuit," the remake of the 1986 sci-fi pic. Carr is coming off the Kevin James hit "Paul Blart: Mall Cop."

Scripted by Dan Milano ("Robot Chicken"), the remake is a robot reboot that brings the iconic Johnny 5 into the 21st century. Built by the military to be a highly sophisticated weapon, Johnny 5 develops a conscience and personality after being hit by lightning. He befriends a lonely boy and his fractured family.

David Foster and Ryan E. Heppe of David Foster Productions will produce with John Hyde of Rehab Entertainment. Jason Taragan, who partners with Carr in Rumpus Entertainment, will be exec producer.

"Short Circuit" fits into Dimension's priority of making franchise films, a list that includes "Scream 4," "Spy Kids 4," "Clive Barker's Hellraiser," "Scanners" and "An American Werewolf in London." The "Spy Kids" and "Hellraiser" films will be 3-D.

Carr is repped by ICM and Principato Young.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Oh the Bastards....

I could just cut and paste my usual ramblings on the Movie Industry, but I just want to know is IF THE F-ING WRITERS STRIKE EVER ENDED ? IF IT HAS, THIS IS NOT WRITING !!! ITS TAKING A DUMP ON THE PAST.

Short Circuit is a very good cute movie, Hellraiser is a favourite, Scanners was a classic as I remember, and an american werewolf was also a classic, for its time maybe...

They can do what they like with Spy Kids tho, it can't get crappier than it already is, and the Target audience won't see a thing.....

You're constitution has something about a right to "bear arms" ? This would be a good time to use it....
    PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
    Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
    +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Originally posted by Evildead666 View Post
      You're constitution has something about a right to "bear arms" ? This would be a good time to use it....
      To inject morphine?
      That's the only thing that would help.
      Chuck
      秋音的爸爸

Comment

Morphine does nothing but reduce pain (and give you constipation): propofol makes bad movies much easier to endure - generally you don't remember a thing.
        Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

A remake of Short Circuit might be okay if it stars Dwayne (Rock) Johnson as Number 5, and Hally Barry, and has a hard-R rating.

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by MultimediaMan View Post
            Morphine does nothing but reduce pain (and give you constipation): propofol makes bad movies much easier to endure - generally you don't remember a thing.

ROFL
            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Have it distributed at the entrance and leaked into the cola drinks....
              PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.

Comment

Another list....

RoboCop (2011)

The NeverEnding Story (2012)

D.A.R.Y.L. (??)

Flight of the Navigator (2011)
                Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 31 October 2009, 22:23.
                Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Robocop !!!!!!

Comment

This reminds me of pop music in the mid-90's...remixes and remakes with far less talent and whole lot more "effects".
                    Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Blair Witch 3 (201x) - rumored in development

Alien Nation TV reboot (SyFy)

Robin Hood (May 14, 2010) -

Ridley Scott directing
                      Russel Crowe as Robin
                      Cate Blanchett as Marian
                      Kevin Durand as Little John
                      Matthew Macfadyen as the Sheriff

Men in Black 3 (201x)

Ghostbusters 3 (201x)

Mad Max: Fury Road (201x)

George Miller directing (original director)
                      Thomas Hardy as Max
                      Charlize Theron as 'female lead'

Mission Impossible 4 (2011)

Alien prequel
                      (201x)
                      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 1 November 2009, 13:01.
                      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

D.A.R.Y.L. is the one title that might benefit from a remake.

The original movie falls short on really exploiting the possibilities the core ide a of the movie.

And just think how much more D.A.R.Y.L. could do in this day and age (everything is computerised).

still as with all other titles, if "effects" go before "plot" nothing good will happen
                        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

I agree about DARYL. Firefox (Client Eastwood) is another old fighter movie that could benefit from modern effects. Maybe taking place in China.

I can see Flight of the Navigator being improved greatly by a modern treatment. I liked the original when I was a kid, but the effects are quite cheesy.
                          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I took my nephew to Flight of the Navigator.
                            His response was "I sat through that whole movie and I never saw any Alligator."
                            Chuck
                            秋音的爸爸

Comment

Working...
                            X