Digital Camera Questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Camera Questions?

I know this is kinda off subject, but you guys are the best knowledge bunch of "M" heads on the planet(I'm trying to butter you up, is it working ? ) and thought you guys would have a good idea.

Question:

Who has a digital camera and why do you like it? What would you recommend? I've been looking at the Sony DSC-F505 because it has 2.1M pixels at 1600x1200 w/ MPEG playback of 320x240 for 15sec. It has a boatload of other features as well but those are the main ones. And for 920 bucks I think it is the best feature for the moeny, what do you all think?

Thanks,

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Here's a link to a great site with lot's of reviews.
    Good luck. http://www.megapixel.net/html/issueindex.html

Comment

surferpop,

Thanks for the website. It will be most useful

Dave
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Hi Helevitia, I would like to point out, that some of the Sony cameras use 1.44 floppy disk for the onboard memory. The problem is, that floppies do not like being out in the weather. They are not to moisture proof. I like the Sonys except for that feature.

Designer

Comment

Designer,

Thanks for the info, but all of the Camera's I have looked at so far use Sony's Proprietary "memory stick".

Dave

Comment

Welp, I got me a nice little Sony FC55 Cybershot. Overall it's a good camera. High points are:

Killer res (1600x1200 max)
            Small Size
            LCD screen can be used in almost any lighting
            Can capture mini-mpeg movies
            Captures sound
            Built in timer
            Built in color effects
            Swivel lens can be rotated 180ยบ

However, not all is rosy. Bad points:

Terrible Digital Zoom
            Uses Memory sticks. Only place to buy? Sony.
            No viewfinder. Have to use LCD for everything. Can be anoying at times.
            SLOW trasnfers to computer, especially 1600x1200 with low compression pics are 450K on avergae. Take severall minutes to trasnfer at 14.4 baud over the serial connection. No USB option.

I paid 850 for this thing when it first came out and listed for 999. Have taken it on many trips, never had any problems with it. Recharges fast, battery lasts a long time, lots of built in management features. Although I would prefer now the newer model that has the optical zoom lens and USB. Thats all thats needed to make it pretty much perfect.
            A computer is like sex. Your never 100% sure what your doing but when all goes well, it feels REAL good.

Comment

I recently got a Nikon Coolpix 800...and I can say it was worth every penny! (600.00 US, with shipping)

picture and color quality, compared to other brands (cannon S10 and such...) is better (IMO). The only drawback is that it has a pretty weak flash where any distance greater than 9 to 10 feet, you'll have a very dark picture...but I generally take pictures with stands with the flash forced off to get dark pictures.

Green
              It's not a typo...it's probably corrupt graphics generated by your overclocked video card...

Comment

Working...
              X