Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone, some questions

Hello,

Quick question: when you subscribe at Era to get an iPhone, is the iPhone simlocked?
    Or is it possible to put in a different SIM card (e.g. from a Belgian provider that works with Apple)?

Is there a difference between unlocking and jailbreaking?
    When you unlock/jailbreak an iPhone, can you still purchase from the appstore?

Jörg
    Last edited by VJ; 26 October 2009, 08:56.
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Well, I'm doubtful: purchase an unlocked iPhone (legally!) here in Belgium - I have a 6% discount till the end of the year, or get a locked one in Poland (with added subscription).

I currently have an HTC TyTN (windwoes mobile 6 - no typo ), and while I like its formfactor with the keyboard, I really hate its OS. I've now added PointSense, which is an interface layer that improves it somewhat, but still the underlying system just blows...
    The iPhone has a user-friendly appeal that I think I'd like, but as you say, the lack of a keyboard may be a downside...

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
    X