Swine Flu Vaccine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swine Flu Vaccine

I'm lucky enough to work at a Uni, for the next 5 days anyway. This Uni is running trials of the Novartis MF59 swine-flu vaccine and is looking for volunteers to test it. It requires a total of 8 visits over six months, with vaccine being administered at the start and half-way points.

Trouble is with me leaving here I'll have to make special 30-mile round-trips. And hopefully I'll be at a lower risk once I am no longer mixing with the student body (~8000) on a regular basis.

Would you go for it?
    FT.

That type of vaccine has been licensed in Europe since 1997 so it has a good track record and from what I've read the new one has been well tolerated.

How old are you? I ask because the history of swine is that it adversely affects the young and healthy more than the older populace who may have had a swine flu before, therefore having at least some resistance.

As for myself; I'm in a risk group (asthmatic) so in spite of my age I've had my vaccination.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

41, overweight, non-smoker, often stressed, sometimes low BP but generally healthy.
      FT.

Comment

When can you get the vaccine they're already giving risk groups?

Comment

Working...
        X