• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Octomom's doctor expelled from ASRM

Dr. Michael Kamrava

USA Today....

'Octomom' doctor expelled from fertility group

The "octomom"'s doctor has been expelled from the American Society for Reproductive Medicine, the main infertility professional organization, a spokesman for the group confirmed Friday.
    >
    Suleman has said that her fertility doctor, Michael Kamarava of the West Coast IVF Clinic in Beverly Hills, transferred six embryos to her uterus for each of her pregnancies. Reportedly, she delivered eight babies because two embryos split into two pairs of identical twins.

Six embryos far exceeds the American Society for Reproductive Medicine's (ASRM) guidelines for women Suleman's age. The guidelines, based mainly on patient age and embryo quality, recommend transferring only one or two embryos in patients under age 35 to reduce the risk of multiple births. According to 2007 data posted online by the Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology, an affiliate of the ASRM, Kamrava reported transferring an average of 4.1 embryos to patients under 35.
    >
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 18 October 2009, 10:11.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

So he was TRYING to create multiple simultaneous births ? Or at least give the Woman at least 6 kids ?

He put 6 embryos in the oven, and two split to make 8...?
    PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
    Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
    +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

normally not all implanted embryos start growing. the number of implanted embryos is therefore a trade off between not getting a pregnancy (and the additional stress a woman is put under because of that - another treatment, psychological stress...), or getting too many babies...

mfg
      wulfman
      "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
      "Lobsters?"
      "Really? I didn't know they did that."
      "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

So he sort of overdid it a bit, and she unfortunately got overly lucky this time round
        PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
        Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
        +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Working...
        X