Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with CL annihilator pro

hi

i have just formatted my C: drive to start from scratch in an effort to fix my problems.

i installed win98 SE and the 3.68 detonator drivers (i have also tried 3.53 and the creative drivers), and every time windows boots the registry scanner pops up and tells me to reboot. this annoying thing wont go away, and if i try to run anyting the system locks up in one way or another. i have removed all other cards in the system, and configuring the bios accordingly to the nvidia readme... nothing seems to help.
    what could be wrong?

//p2-450, not overclocked
    a noname pc100 mobo
    64mb sdram
    8 gb udma hdd
    a recently bought CL annihilator pro

if something's missing, let me know
    /TeacheR

How about a MATROX graphics card LoL LOL LoL

Matt :P

Comment

How about a MATROX graphics card LoL LOL LoL

Matt :P

Comment

It sounds like the driver install program is screwed up. Format the drive again, reinstall windows and your modem, re-download the detonator drivers and try again.

In my experience if the reg scanner comes up and it does not fix the probelm after the first try, your system is hosed and you need to reinstall.

My $0.02

Jammrock

------------------
        PIII 450@504, 256 MB RAM, 35 GB total w/ WD Experts, Abit UDMA 66 controller, CL 6x DVD, PLEXTOR 8x4x32 ATAPI CD-RW (my newest toy), G400 32 MB DH, SB Live! w/ Digital I/O, LinkSys Etherfast 10/100, DSI 56k modem, Addtronics 6896A Case w/ a crap load of fans and Dynmat noise dampening, MAG DX715T monitor.

Hi, my name is Jammrock. I'm a computer phreak and an EverCrack addict.
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Am I missing something?
          I thought this was the matrox users resource centre. But I agree, if the regscanner can't fix it at once it won't do it after a second boot.
          BTW what happened upon initial installation of the Detonator drivers? Did it work without problems?

Regards, Alegria

------------------
          The pump don't work, 'cause the vandals took the handle...
          Bob Dylan

The pump don't work, 'cause the vandals took the handle...
          Bob Dylan

Comment

im currently using an old pci card (matrox MG mystique ), and the system works flawlessly with it. but as soon as i install the geforce card, i get the reg scan problem...

/TeacheR

Comment

Working...
            X