Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The MPAA's great-grandfather?

Ars Technica article....

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 14 October 2009, 19:42.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

"...I foresee a marked deterioration in American music and musical taste."
    Wow. Did he nail that one!

Visionary.

Kevin

Comment

When i was reading the article, I was hoping he would talk more about quality of music vs RIAA and the downfall of the music industry due to MP3 players etc.

When I say quality, I mean from an audio perspective (24bit 96khz) type quality, which unfortunately has gone by the waste side as more and more people (mainly teens) are accepting MP3's as quality because its the only thing they know.

Fortunately you can still experience high quality music, you first need to find an artist you like who records his or her music to media such as SACD, CD's with the DDD label or DVD audio, even Albums (A rare thing today) then you need to spend tons of money on high end systems/speakers (A Macintosh or something). But at the end of the day, it's MP3's via iTunes and the likes are what selling which will drag the music industry down with it.

Comment

What with the cochlear damage done to the average person by city life and too-loud MP3 players (which governments are thankfully on their way to limiting the output of) I doubt if the average person could tell the difference.

Not unlike many persons being either myopic, hyperopic or have astigmatism to the point that they can't tell 1080 or 720 from SD.
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
        X