dyson air multiplier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dyson air multiplier

Dyson air treatment products include air purifiers, humidifiers, heaters and fans. Free shipping & 2 year warranty available on all air purifiers for air treatment.
    "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Cool! (no pun intended... )

Still wonder if it works, but I wouldn't see why not... I just wonder how it stacks up to a regular fan (ie to use Dyson terminlogy: how many times does that multiply the air?)

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

If you watch the video, it doesn't really blow the women's hair away from their faces, so I suspect it's nowhere as powerful as a conventional fan.
      "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

It looks like it probably charges the air electrically and uses that to 'push' the air through the ring....

I can't remember what the tech is called, but the power output was very low compared to conventional fans....
        A step in a right direction tho....
        PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
        Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
        +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

The commercial name of an air cleaner using electrostatic acceleration is "Ionic Breeze" from Sharper Image. They sued Consumer Reports when CR gave the IB low ratings because of its low air flow and thus its low volume cleaned/time. The case was tossed and Sharper Image had to pay CR's court costs.

This isn't electrostatics at all, just simple aerodynamics. The air is drawn in through the base then passed through vents over the inner rings leading edge, the ring being a circular airfoil. Its movement over the 'wing' creates a low pressure zone that further accelerates the airflow. The exiting airflow 'grabs' surrounding air to increase the flow volume. The pump/vents are probably an 'air knife', something Dyson's used before in their hand dryers.

Air knives can generate flows of several hundred mph.
          Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 13 October 2009, 05:19.
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
          X