Voodoo2 and G400 Max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voodoo2 and G400 Max

How do I get my Canopus Voodoo2 card and my G400 Max to work? My computer locks up at the windows load up screen when both the V2 and G400 are installed, but it works fine when I take out the V2. Any ideas? =)

My brother has a G400 + V2 SLI rig in his machine. No problems whatsoever.

Comment

What drivers is he using for his Voodoo2 cards? I don't know if this makes a difference, but I am using an Athlon 500, FIC mb, 256mb pc100.

Comment

You cant use TurboGl drivers with a v2 installed. Thats all i know. BTW why would you do this on such a fast system, unless your addicted to tribes!

------------------
        PIII 450 @ 504
        generic BX motherboard
        G400 MAX : )
        Maxtor 13 gig UDMA 33
        Maxtor 13 gig UDMA 66
        Creative 36x CD-ROM
        HP 2x2x6x CD-RW
        64 megs PC100 RAM
        128 megs PC133 ECC RAM
        NetGear 10/100
        Soundblaster 32 AWE
        Diamond SupraExpress 56k
        Logitech Wireless Desktop (best $50 ive ever spent)
        1 92mm Sunon Fan
        4 80mm Sunon Fan's

Comment

Some games just seem to be written specifically for Voodoo and don't work quite as good with other cards.

Comment

HoSeR34,
            My brother is using the standard 3dfx (Voodoo2 1000) reference drivers.

---------------------------------
            [OcUK]-RoGuE- aka Chris

Comment

Hmm... why use a voodoo2 while you have one of the best video cards out in the market, the Matrox G400! I have a CL Voodoo2 and I am glad that I put it back in the box to RIP until I find a use for it. I would just use the G400 for everything, I haven't had a problem with mine and it's hell lot faster than a Voodoo2.

Long Live the G400,
              Mistah Magik
              Pentium III 450@557, Asus P2B-F Mobo, 128 megs of non-branded PC100 SDRAM, Creative 6x/24x DVD-ROM, Creative 6x/4x/24x CD-RW, Maxtor 27.2 Gig HD, Western Digital 6.4 Gig HD, Diamond Pro PCI modem, Creative SoundBlaster Live X-Gamer Sound Card, 3Com 10/100 Ethernet Card, Inlight Mid-Tower Case with loads of fans, Win2K SP1, DX7a, and a 17" ViewSonic Monitor.

Comment

Remember, the Canopus Voodoo II's are *not* reference boards. Canopus strayed fairly far from the reference design. I haven't done this in a while, but you have to install both the Canopus drivers and the the reference drivers, and then do some serious tweaking, to get the darn things working properly. There's a specific sequence of tasks involved as well.

Given how long it took them to post an upgrade for the last set of Pure3D II drivers, I wouldn't expect Canopus to ever upgrade their Voodoo II drivers again.

Paul
                paulcs@flashcom.net

[This message has been edited by paulcs (edited 02 February 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                X