• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "48 Hrs" staffer blackmails Letterman

Shoe, meet other foot.

AP story....

CBS: '48 Hours' staffer charged in Letterman case

(AP) – 2 hours ago

NEW YORK — CBS says an employee has been charged with attempted grand larceny in an investigation involving "Late Show" host David Letterman, who has acknowledged that he had sexual relationships with female employees and that someone tried to extort $2 million from him over the affairs.

CBS says the employee worked on "48 Hours" and has been suspended pending the results of the investigation. The network says the employee was arrested Thursday, hours before Letterman went public with his account during a taping of his show in New York.

The network says it's cooperating with authorities.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

David Letterman acknowledged on Thursday's show that he had sexual relationships with female employees and that someone tried to extort $2 million from him over the affairs.

During the taping of his CBS late-night show in New York, Letterman discussed receiving a threat to either pay $2 million or risk the relationships being made public.

In a release from the show's production company, Letterman said he referred the matter to the Manhattan district attorney's office and that an investigation ended in an arrest Thursday. Letterman did not identify the person he said was arrested.

As part of the investigation, Letterman said he issued a "phony" $2 million check to the individual and the arrest followed — along with testimony by Letterman.

"This morning, I did something I've never done in my life," said Letterman. "I had to go downtown and testify before a grand jury."
    >
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 2 October 2009, 06:18.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Screwing some female staff members was definitely wrong given his position of power.

He did handle the blackmail masterfully though.

Comment

Working...
    X