Getting adobe flash to work on mac osx 10.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting adobe flash to work on mac osx 10.5

I tried to get flash working on a mac, the owner had downloaded and tried to install every version he could find, including windows, linux and solaris versions....

atm I think I have gotten rid of all the "non mac platform versions"

I have run adobes own "uninstall flash" and after a reboot the official mac installer from adobes homepage.

I have checked the "official" file location and the installer don't seem to put any files there

no luck, neither safari nor firefox shows any flash plugins as installed, youtube doesn't work etc.

The os is fully patched.

Google searches mostly find links of what to do when you get error messages, (or trying to go back to flash 9) but in this case the installer seems to think it has done it job and safari (and firefox) think it hasn't

ATM i don't know what to do more, anyone using mac that has any ideas?
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Turns out that I could fix it in a weird way.....

Theres a plugin for Firefox called Flash switcher.

it's made by a developer for testing with several versions of flash.

It could install flash (only ver 9 but the customer don't care).

The osx install is borked, it "forgets" wlan passowrds, argues about missing keychains etc etc.
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
    X