Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotflmao!!

This was great

Wife and I (she a teacher) ran into another teacher and his wife at the store this afternoon. We chatted for a bit then a parent shows up. Her kid was in one of the other teachers middle school classes and was known by all to be a troublemaker - their kids a PITA and never wrong.

Parent: "so, what's the problem with our sons grade in your class?"

Teacher (without missing a beat): "his parents were allowed to breed...."

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 28 September 2009, 15:43.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Hmmm, Teachers usually keep schmut around parents, but not powerful ones.
    Ma is a long timer, and I have been "taken" a few times to help on days off school, like early holidays...
    PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
    Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
    +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

That was a very unprofessional answer, and possibly a firing offense if it was said to the parent.
      What would possess someone to say that? WAY too personal an insult.

The correct answer would be: "There is no problem, he got the grade he earned."

I had a kid ask me for mercy because he had never gotten a "C" before. Also a trouble maker.
      My answer was "Your C IS mercy. I'll change it to the grade you earned if you want though."
      He declined.
      Last edited by cjolley; 28 September 2009, 15:01.
      Chuck
      秋音的爸爸

Comment

lol and for the opposite, I just agreed to teach for the first time in years.
        9 yo Korean girl, parents don't speak a lick of english, going to an international school, in grade 4, comes up with a grade of 2.7 on the standardized reading test.

Kid was asking me after I read her report, how bad am I, and what do I need to do, to get better?
        Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasq View Post
          lol and for the opposite, I just agreed to teach for the first time in years.
          9 yo Korean girl, parents don't speak a lick of english, going to an international school, in grade 4, comes up with a grade of 2.7 on the standardized reading test.

Kid was asking me after I read her report, how bad am I, and what do I need to do, to get better?
          Sorry, some of us are slow. I have no idea what any of that means.

Ok, most of it I get. But what is the significance of a "2.7"?
          Not 2.7% I take it
          Chuck
          秋音的爸爸

Comment

Means she is a 4th grader with a grade 2.7 reading level.

Did more than a little teaching myself.
            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Aye, sorry, the test itself is new to me, seems to be an Americanized test though.
              The only thing holding her back is lack of one to one with native speakers.

Enthusiasim, she has in bounds
              Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
                Teacher (without missing a beat): "his parents were allowed to breed...."
                My granddaughter is an infant teacher (4-6 yo) in a state school in a bad district of Geneva with many problem kids. Her colleagues have warned her that the problem kids have problem parents and she must go ca'canny with them if she wants to keep her job.
                Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Teachers try to hold their tongues at school and in documents, but if some parent approaches them in the public square and accosts them like this guy did (tone matters) then things can get interesting.
                  Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                  X