Bass/Treble controls not there???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bass/Treble controls not there???

My new sound card, yamaha ymf724f chipset... doesnt support bass/treble controls... is there anyway to fix this... i know im kinda outa the world here.. but i would appreciate it if someone would help me out... thx.
    <font size="1">Gigabyte GA-6VXC7-4X MoBo
    VIA Apollo Pro 133a (694x/686A) chipset (4x agp, UDMA 66)
    Celeron II 733 CPU (coppermine 128)
    128meg (2x64) 133mhz SDRam
    Matrox Milleniumm G200 AGP 16 mb
    Creative Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 Digital model 0100 (MP3+, Gamer)
    Quantum LM 30 gig HD 7200 RPM UDMA 66
    Realtek 8029A NIC Card
    Optiquest V775 17" Monitor
    Actima 36X CD-Rom
    Advansys 510 SCSI Card (ISA, but good enuf for my burner)
    Yamaha 6416 CD-RW
    Windows 2000 (primary)
    Slackware Linux 9.0(secondary/emergency)</font>

Maybe a strange counter-question, but don't your speakers have bass/treble controls that you can use??

But you must mean the bass/treble under sound->advanced?

Did you install all the proper drivers for your soundcard?? Checked up on the website for it's latest drivers?

Jorden.
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

I have one of these, and no, I don't get bass and treble in advanced controls either. Pissoff really, as my old ISA SB16ASP did, but it is slower so I will stick with the Yamaha unit. Also, nehalmistry, do you have a reliable website where you can get later drivers from? I am still using drivers from 1997!(ver 4.05) The reference drivers at Yamaha's sight are slower and more crash prone, so I still use these old things. If you find a way to solve the bass/treble question, tell us all as there are alot of people out there who have this prob. One person told me that it is because of the PCI bus only running 3.3 volts as opposed to the 5.5 volts of the ISA, therefore the amp has to be alot smaller and doesn't have enough power for gain controls. It makes sense as all the ISA cards I have used were alot louder than this one.

------------------
      AsusP2B ,iCeleron525(7x75), 128megs PC100, G40032megSH, Yamaha PCI sound, 2 small HD's, 42X Sony CDrom and 98SE w/shutdown patch, PD 5.41 w/Turbo MCD and beta ICD

AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

bohrn, i didnt know that isa supplied more power... maybe thats why... yes.. the amp on isa is much more on my sb16 awe32 than it is on my yamaha card... but its not the amp power on my yamaha card, its the bass/treble controls in advanced volume controls... not the same thing
        but im guessing that there is nothing i can do about it...i tried MANY drivers...

since i cant fix that... can someone fix this problem.. my yamaha card has less hissing noise than my sbawe32.. of course you cant notice when your playing a sound... but when you plug it into my sb card... i can hear this small shh sound.. when im not playing any sound... on my pci yamaha card... it is much less... is there a way to reduce that... ive disabled all other inputs..line in, mic, cd, etc... ???

oh yeh... SB LIVE(pci) does have bass/treble so it is possible..

[This message has been edited by nehalmistry (edited 29 January 2000).]
        Realtek 8029A NIC Card
        Actima 36X CD-Rom
        Yamaha 6416 CD-RW
        Windows 2000 (primary)

Comment

Yea, seems to me that Creative drivers enable this somewhere in windows. I can't tho, so I guess I'm stuck. My sub has an amp and a bass control on it tho, so..With the older Sb cards, I would set treble to 0 in the autoexec.bat line. This seems to get rid of the hissing prob. Way back when my sb16asp was the tech of the day, I bought one and it says to do this in the manual. This was for dos of course, but it works in 9x as well. Oh and can you tell me what drivers you are using and where to get them? For the Yamaharley card tho, not Creative's. Thank you.

------------------
          AsusP2B ,iCeleron525(7x75), 128megs PC100, G40032megSH, Yamaha PCI sound, 2 small HD's, 42X Sony CDrom and 98SE w/shutdown patch, PD 5.41 w/Turbo MCD and beta ICD

AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

wow... i didnt know about ttreble 0..
            how do i put this in autoexec.bat file ??????????????????
            also... im using drivers from www.yamahayst.com for the 724 card... it just came out... DX7 certified(not many of those)
            Realtek 8029A NIC Card
            Actima 36X CD-Rom
            Yamaha 6416 CD-RW
            Windows 2000 (primary)

Comment

Working...
            X