Our garden crops coming in....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our garden crops coming in....

Started with the tomatoes about 2 weeks ago and now our eggplants, zucchini, yellow squash and green peppers are coming in - on steroids. We have so much coming in we'll have to give some away to family, the church food bank etc. This could continue into October or November, depending on the weather.

Blank DVD for scale...

Eggplant: 10+ inches long and 4.5 inches wide
    Yellow squash: 10 inches long and 3 inches wide
    Zucchini: 15 inches long and 4 inches wide (heavy and tasty!!)
    Green peppers: 4.5 inches long
    Tomatoes: 10-14 ounce sandwich variety (little juice, lots of meat and very tasty)

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 25 August 2009, 22:16.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Ours are just about over: been a very poor year, mainly because I was hospitaliised three times during the critical time when they needed my attention. However, cherry tomatoes are still vigorous and plum tomatoes are small but still coming in. Aubergines and courgettes are finished with poor crops. Green, coloured and hot peppers are starting a good second crop. We lost nearly all the grapes as I missed an essential anti-fungal spray. Maincrop figs are just starting and wifey says they're good. Citrus are growing normally with good potential crops this winter for clementines, lemons, Jaffa and navel oranges, 2 varieties grapefruit, mandores and pomelos. Mandarines poor this year (they fruit well every other year). It was an excellent year for peaches but mediocre for apricots as we had to cut back the tree.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

We have green and yellow beans, snap and sweet peas, broccoli, Waltham butternut squash, cucumbers (large and pickling), onions, watermelon, pumpkin, Roma (sauce) tomatoes etc. etc., all of which look to be bumper crops. The apple trees are going great, both the crabapples and Fuji. Herbs and spices did well too - we have enough sage, rosemary etc. for 3 years
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
      X