Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BH6 rev 1.01 (not 1.1) will it work with coppermine CPU ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BH6 rev 1.01 (not 1.1) will it work with coppermine CPU ?

On Abit site they're not really clear wether it will work or not (voltage issue), anybody have a "real life " experience with that setting ?
    thanks
    Athlon64 4800+
    Asus A8N deluxe
    2 gig munchkin ddr 500
    eVGA 7800 gtx 512 in SLI
    X-Fi Fatality
    HP w2207

I wouldn't suggest it. That is unless your able to return it if it doesn't work or have the spare cash to pick up another MB too.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Jackzoff,

It should work fine, it does for me, and there are many other success stories on the net too.

Hugh G

Comment

My point is that it's not a 100% success rate, that's all
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Did you have to tweak the voltage to get it to work ? and how well did it o/c ?
          I'm looking forward to give it a try if there is a decent chance that it will work (I'll upgrade my Mobo if it doesn,t work, but would like to keep it if possible).

Do anyone of you know a site where i could get info on that ?

thanks
          Athlon64 4800+
          Asus A8N deluxe
          2 gig munchkin ddr 500
          eVGA 7800 gtx 512 in SLI
          X-Fi Fatality
          HP w2207

Comment

I had to down the voltage to 1.8, it is a 500E in a slotket from AZZO, overclocks fine at 667 (133fsb)

Comment

Hi Jackzod,

I found this surfing today, and thought you and others may be interested:

P3 coppermine on ABit BH6 r1.02

Hugh G.

Comment

If you use a slocket and a P3 500E, where do you set the voltage and FSB? On the slocket or in the softmenu? And if you set either on the slocket, can you over-ride those settings in the bios?? Thx...

------------------
                Celeron 300A@464 2.0V, 128meg generic PC-100 RAM (running at CAS2) Abit BH6, G400 16meg DH@150/200, Western Digital Expert 18gig, Ricoh mp7040A(morphed to mp7060A) Pioneer 6X DVD slot load, Motorola Cable Modem w/DEC ethernet card, Soundblaster Live Value Ver. 2, Viewsonic GT 775

Celeron 566@877 1.8V, 256meg generic PC-100 RAM (running at CAS2) Abit BH6, G400 16meg DH@150/200, Western Digital Expert 18gig, Ricoh mp7040A(morphed to mp7060A) Pioneer 6X DVD slot load, Motorola Cable Modem w/DEC ethernet card, Soundblaster Live Value Ver. 2, Viewsonic GT 775

Comment

In the BIOS, under CPU plug and play.

Hugh G.

Comment

Inyteresting article indeed Thanks
                    Athlon64 4800+
                    Asus A8N deluxe
                    2 gig munchkin ddr 500
                    eVGA 7800 gtx 512 in SLI
                    X-Fi Fatality
                    HP w2207

Comment