Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flash & Firefox 3.5.2 (windows)

Hello,

I'm having problems installing Flash to work with Firefox 3.5.2 on my Windows 7 RC (32 bit)... Firefox shows that it needs an addin for flash-based websites, and downloads it; but after installation everything is exactly the same... I also tried the stand alone installer of Flash, but it yields the same behavior...

Any thoughts?

Jörg
    Last edited by VJ; 19 August 2009, 03:18.
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Have you tried closing Firefox before launching standalone installer? I have no problems with Flash on Firefox on Win7 64-bit RTM.

Comment

Yes, I had it closed...

I have installed FireFox in a Virtual Workspace (using a Symantec tool, previously Altiris). But I did exactly the same before (with the previous versions), and it worked without problems then.
      Seeing as you have no problems, I guess this virtualization must be what's causing it...

Jörg
      pixar

Comment

I have found that Firefox 3.5.2 can still be running as a process even if it is not open..
        paulw

Comment

The strange thing is that with the same virtualization setup in XP, everything works as it should. I'm beginning to think it may be the user access control in W7 in combination with the virtualization.
          pixar

Comment

Working...
          X