X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excavator Liebherr with waterfall on a car

"For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Full video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN1P5...eature=related
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Note to self: Don't drive the family car under Victoria Falls
      Chuck
      秋音的爸爸

Comment

You can see the damage that a few tonnes of water can do. Large hydroelectric schemes like the Grande Dixence, Hoover, Kariba, Aswan and, above all, the Three Gorges scare the s**t out of me. Only yesterday, an explosion in the turbine hall of a Russian dam killed tens of people but fortunately the dam remained intact. Not so for the estimated 250,000 persons killed by dam problems in the last 50 years, notably in Italy, China, France, Switzerland, USA, Turkey etc. It makes Chernobyl pale into insignificance; water is a far more dangerous energy source than uranium. It is estimated that the death toll if the 3 Gorges collapses or overflows will be at least 5 million and it is built in a geologically and seismic unstable area. I have personally witnessed a small landslide happening into the Yangtze upstream from the dam and I managed to get a photo of it. Yichang city (2 million) is only 20 or so km downstream from the dam. It is a catastrophe waiting to happen, whether in the next decade or the next century, God only knows but I fear happen it will.
        Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Originally posted by cjolley View Post
          Note to self: Don't drive the family car under Victoria Falls

Actually I don't think driving into a waterfall would cause the same amount of damage.

but as usual : IANAE
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
          X