I, Frankenstein (2013) (Update)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I, Frankenstein (2013) (Update)

A re-imagining of the Classic Monsters genre based on the graphic novel of the same name.

Directed by Patrick Tatopoulos (I Am Legend, Underworld, I Robot), story by Kevin Grevioux (Underworld series). Robert Sanchez and Chris Patton will produce.

"What if Frankenstein's monster developed to the point where he was able to function as a hard-boiled private investigator? And what if his noir-ified universe included The Invisible Man, The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Dracula (as a crime kingpin)?"

Patrick Tatopoulos is also doing the design. Here's some of the concept art;

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 11 August 2009, 23:05.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

The artwork reminds me of Enki Bilal's style.
    "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

I, Robot: nice: it'll have Audi's in it
      Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
      Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

I, Frankenstein

Studio: Lakeshore Entertainment

Shoot: July

Director: Stuart Beattie (AUS: Tomorrow, When The War Began)

Producers: Gary Lucchesi & Tom Rosenberg (Million Dollar Baby, Underworld series)

Screenplay: Kevin Grevioux, adapted from his Darkstorm Studios graphic novel

Writer: Stuart Beattie (30 Days of Night; Australia; Tomorrow, When The War Began; coming: Halo)
        Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 28 March 2011, 22:51.
        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Release: Feb. 22, 2013

Filming start: January 2012

Adam Frankenstein (the creature): Aaron Eckhart
          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

This does look pretty cool, and Aaron Eckhart is a pretty good actor.
            looking forward to it
            PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
            Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
            +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

I'd still like to see a proper screen treatment of Dean Koontz's Frankenstein series of novels, but this looks like it could be good too.
              “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

An interesting factoid is that the creator/writer Kevin Grevioux was also the co-creator of Underworld, in which he also played the lycan Raze.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

In talks -

Villain: Bill Nighy

Henchman: Socratis Otto
                  Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Female lead/scientist: Yvonne Strahovsk (Chuck - TV)

Queen of the Gargoyles: Miranda Otto (LOTR [Eowyn], WOTW)
                    Dr. Mordrid

Comment

IGN has your exclusive first look from the Cannes film festival at I, Frankenstein, the forthcoming comic book adaptation starring Aaron Eckhart. Check out this new lenticular poster for the 3D horror film, which hits theaters January 24, 2014:

Set in a dystopic present where vigilant gargoyles and ferocious demons rage in a battle for ultimate power, Victor Frankenstein's creation Adam (Eckhart) finds himself caught in the middle as both sides race to discover the secret to his immortality.

From the creators of the hit supernatural saga, Underworld, comes the action thriller I, Frankenstein, written for the screen and directed by Stuart Beattie based on the graphic novel "I, Frankenstein" by Kevin Grevioux, and brought to life by a cast that includes Aaron Eckhart, Bill Nighy, Yvonne Strahovski, Miranda Otto, Jai Courtney, Socratis Otto, Mahesh Jadu, Caitlin Stasey and Aden Young as Victor Frankenstein.
                      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I've never read or heard of the source material, so maybe there's something there that explains the title, but it seems quite odd to have Frankenstein's monster as the central character and yet have that title. Regardless of that, I only see this further making the ignorant masses continue to believe Frankenstein is the monster's name.

Still wishing they'd make Dean Koontz's series of later-life Frankenstein novels made into a proper movie, TV show, or mini-series.
                        “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Working...
                        X