I finally caved in and got one....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finally caved in and got one....

I've been thinking that my TV is a bit small (28 inch wide)

So I got a new one:

An LG 42LH3000!
    Full HD and with built in media center, plays mp3 and mpeg4 direct from usb (supports NTFS)

It also works great as a monitor
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Sweet! Is it one of those LED backlit sets?
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

this site is your friend

*recovering still
      Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Both TV sets are almost the same size..
        "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Pretty..
          I wanted a TV with media center build in, but they were charging too much for such when we were shopping for a bedroom tv a few months ago. Does it play HD content from USB too?... like MKV files?
          We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock View Post
            Sweet! Is it one of those LED backlit sets?
            nope
            I'm not stinking rich

Originally posted by Sasq View Post
            www.wowdetox.com

this site is your friend

*recovering still
            Since I got a logitech G25 wheel I think I need a site for NFS:MW addicts

Originally posted by TransformX View Post
            Both TV sets are almost the same size..
            yeah...14 inch is almost nothing.....

Originally posted by Tjalfe View Post
            Pretty..
            I wanted a TV with media center build in, but they were charging too much for such when we were shopping for a bedroom tv a few months ago. Does it play HD content from USB too?... like MKV files?
            Reads mkv files fine
            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

well, it dont seem to read any mkv's that has soundtracks more advanced than mp3

Comment

not even AC3? .. that sucks. you can try converting movie soundtracks with the popcornhour audio converter http://audioconverter.heartware.dk/Tutorial/ it works to make my DTS movies play on my media player which only supports AC3 or less.. it may be able to do other formats for you too
                We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

turned out my test file with ac3 was corrupt, it does play surround sound ac3

Comment

Nice TV, Technoid! I still use a small and quite cheap CRT one
                    Asus H97 Pro Gamer| Intel i5 4690K| Noctua NH-U9B SE2 | Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 3GB | Soundblaster ZxR | 8 GB Kingston HyperX Genesis DDR3 1600| LG 24 MP88HV-S

Comment

Working...
                    X