• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breast feeding doll for girls.....

Link & video....

YouTube news report video....

Breast-feeding doll stirs debate

Some fear it promotes early sexual activity

Young girls in Spain might now be asking themselves this question: Should I pretend breast-feed in public?

But that's not something girls in Illinois need grapple with just yet because "Bebe Gloton" isn't available here.

Still, people across the nation are talking about the controversial new Spanish doll, which comes with a bra-like halter top with detachable flowers over the nipples to allow girls to simulate the act of breast-feeding.

On parenting Web sites, some say the doll, which is about 20 inches long, is inappropriate and could even promote early sexual activity.

Some breast-feeding advocacy groups say the doll promotes the normal, healthy act of feeding a baby a mother's milk.

"Breast-feeding is the most natural thing in the world," said Kathy Poehlmann, a co-owner of Chicago's Be By Baby, an alternative new parenting store. "It's not a sexual activity. It's the act of feeding a child."

Poehlmann, who said she hasn't seen the doll, said girls with younger siblings already imitate their breast-feeding moms.

"I don't know that you need a special doll," Poehlmann said.

Loretta McCallister, a spokeswoman for the Schaumburg-based breast-feeding support group La Leche League International, said the doll is "very cute."

"Little girls always want to do what their mommies are doing, and many of our mothers have told us -- even before this doll -- that girls would just take [their own dolls] and put it skin to skin to pretend to do the same thing mommy does," McCallister said.

Bebe Gloton, Spanish for gluttonous baby, makes sucking and burping sounds.

A spokeswoman for Toys R Us said the store has no plans to carry the doll.
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 7 August 2009, 22:23.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Well, there already are dolls that are bottle fed, that also cry, burp, puke, and pees.

Not so many things left for competitors to diffrentiate with

The only thing I havent seen emulated in baby dolls are crapping in the diapers.

On parenting Web sites, some say the doll, which is about 20 inches long, is inappropriate and could even promote early sexual activity.
    I'd love to hear their explanantion for that conclusion
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
    X