VOLT in motion....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VOLT in motion....

Wish the guy would have shut up for more than a breath or two, but when you do get a clear ear it's very quiet, almost like that Chrysler minivan I saw last week. That plug-in connector is the new IEEE standard for EV's.

Link....
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 28 July 2009, 07:14.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

I agree, I wish he'd shut up too. Would be nice to get a closer look/listen.
    Those headlights are awful btw.
    FT.

Comment

Headlights aren't likely to stay that way - it's about the 3rd configuration I've seen so far. Stuff like that can change right up to the end of the pre-release production runs, which just started a few weeks ago.
      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I read an article a few weeks ago on autoblog that stated when the first engineering validation volts come out (of which this is one), that some of the most noticable differences between the production model and these mules where going to be things like headlights/taillights etc. The mules would have stand-in parts and not the real McCoy's as the production pieces are still in development. But so far all of the development work has gone on in Malibu/Cruze bodies with the volt powertrain installed. These are the first Volt bodies.

Comment

Same thing's happening with the batteries - 2 more generations of battery tech upgrades are expected to be tested before production lock. Yes, the battery tech, especially the electrodes, really is moving that fast, and if a new battery/ultracapacitor tech comes out Voltec is set up to make the change.
          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
          X