Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DON'T read if you have a weak stomach.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DON'T read if you have a weak stomach.....

DISgusting......

Link....

Police: Woman accused of killing newborn ate brain

SAN ANTONIO (AP) - A woman charged with murdering her 3 1/2-week-old son used a knife and two swords to dismember the child and ate parts of his body, including his brain, before stabbing herself in the torso and slicing her own throat, police said Monday.

Otty Sanchez, 33, is charged with capital murder in the death of her infant son, Scott Wesley Buchholtz-Sanchez. She was recovering from her wounds at a hospital, and was being held on $1 million bail.

San Antonio Police Chief William McManus said the early Sunday morning attack occurred a week after the child's father moved out. The child's aunt and two cousins, ages 5 and 7, were in the house, but none were harmed.

McManus, who appeared uncomfortable as he addressed reporters, said Sanchez apparently ate the child's brain and some other body parts. She also tore his face off, chewed off three of his toes and decapitated the infant before stabbing herself.

"It's too heinous for me to describe it any further," McManus said.

Officers called to Sanchez's house at about 5 a.m. Sunday found her sitting on the couch "screaming that she killed her baby," police spokesman Joe Rios said. They found the boy's body in a bedroom.

Police said Sanchez said the devil told her to kill her son.

"It was a spontaneous utterance," McManus said. "She said she was hearing voices."

Sanchez does not yet have a lawyer, police said, and was hospitalized in San Antonio. The police declined to identify other family members.

No one answered the door Monday at Sanchez's home, where the blinds were shut. A hopscotch pattern and red hearts were drawn on the walk leading up to the house.
    >
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

It may seem heinous but this is not uncommon, even eating body parts. The thing that amazes me about this case is that it is treated as 'capital murder'. Infanticide is not treated as murder in many countries, as it is a post-parturition psychological disorder. In the UK, it is treated as manslaughter and the ex-mother often is not sentenced to a prison term, perhaps on condition of a psychiatric treatment.

If 'capital murder' means she may receive a death sentence, this is even more inhumane than what she did and which she was compelled to do, probably exacerbated by the baby's father buggering off. He is probably morally more to blame than she is.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

What happens in a typical murder case (vs those that happen in Federal jurisdictions) depends on the state laws, which vary considerably. This happened in Texas, so you can bet your senior citizen bippy it'll be a capital case and the death penalty will be asked for.

Legally sane/insane and medically sane/insane are not the same thing in the US.

The standard for legal sanity here is if there is knowledge of right and wrong, and if so they're legally sane even if they have a mental illness. This is especially so if there are statements by the offender or evidence indicating they knew what they were doing was wrong contemporaneous to their doing it.

In her case she knew she had killed her kid, admitting it at the scene. How her expression that 'the devil made me do it' goes over is up for grabs, but many, many jurors would just laugh that off with images of Flip Wilson in their minds.

On the other hand - if she has a medical history of postpartum depression she has a chance of getting a break, but it had better be air tight.

If she is found legally sane and convicted off to the klink she goes to await her fate. The only exceptions are in those few states that have "guilty but insane" laws. These permit long imprisonment in psychiatric wings of a prison or in psychiatric institutions.

If she does end up in a woman's 'facility' after the trial her life expectancy could be expressed in months, or until the first time she's alone and the others can get to her. Baby-killers are the bottom rung in the prisoner hierarchy and as a rule don't last long.

One such offender here in Michigan microwaved her baby and was sentenced to 5-20 years, of which she served 6 months - the other women tied her hair to something then rotated her body until her neck snapped.

The only protection would be SuperMax style isolation: 23 hours in the cell and 1 hour showering and in a private exercise yard. If you aren't crazy already that'll finish the job.
      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 27 July 2009, 23:58.
      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

The humanity of the world never cease to amaze me.

Sometimes I wish we never grew the brains that allows us to be as cruel as we are.

~~DukeP~~

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
          One such offender here in Michigan microwaved her baby and was sentenced to 5-20 years, of which she served 6 months - the other women tied her hair to something then rotated her body until her neck snapped.
          I guess there was no investigation past "couldn't have happened to a nicer person" ?
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

I guess there was no investigation past "couldn't have happened to a nicer person"
            No, they always investigate these events and take action... it is generally deemed not newsworthy by the media. As a matter of fact, Dr. Mordrid's denoting the Microwave Baby case overlooks the fact, that the mother's death was NOT front page news - it could have happened at any prison on any day. Men and Women guilty of Infanticide or Abusing their Children are fresh meat: child killers and abusers have always been at the bottom of the food chain in every prison's societal order.

Hell, the inmate who killed the infamous Jeffrey Dahmer waited months to make his move - he copped to the crimes (he killed two people that day) before the prison guards had any idea there was anything amiss, and now is at a maximum security facility with two more life sentences to show for it. But it was barely a blip on the media radar.
            Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

ah well, just that from doc's past rantings on the subject its easy to get the feeling that these kind of people when not directly put on death row gets thrown into jail, into the general polulation, ignored untill the "problem" solves itself.
              If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

MMM: quite the opposite, it was a front page story but damned few people felt sorry for her.

Tech: no death penalty in Michigan yet (it's up for a public vote soon though) so it's straight into prison where they can get culled or into SuperMax where they're in an 8x12 foot box (no bars/windows) 23 hours a day.
                Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                X