X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OctoMom signs reality deal....

Link....

Octomom Pens Deal for Kids to Star in Reality TV Show

LOS ANGELES — Octuplet mother Nadya Suleman has signed an agreement for each of her 14 children to earn $250 a day to star in a reality television show.

The contracts filed Friday in Los Angeles Superior Court guarantee the children will collectively earn about $250,000 over three years. The contracts require a judge's approval.

European production company Eyeworks has inked the deal with Suleman. Eyeworks lists "Breaking Bonaduce" and "The Biggest Loser" among its television credits.

The show is slated to begin filming Sept. 1, according to the documents.

Suleman gave birth to the world's longest-surviving set of octuplets on Jan. 26.

Suleman's lawyer says the family has hired an entertainment lawyer and established a trust for her children, ages eight and under.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

$250,000 is far from being small change. I don't know much about reality shows so I can't judge whether she's selling their souls to the devil of cheap entertainment or nothing remotely as bad.
    "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Trust me, the former.
      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I just can't see how people would want to watch it...
        (I mean, from a viewers perspective: is it such a difference that the 8 childeren are octoplets? Put 8 other childeren together in a reality show, and it would be equally boring...)
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

You overestimate the viewing audiences taste in programming. There are people out there who would watch grass grow as long as it were on TV.
          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
            You overestimate the viewing audiences taste in programming. There are people out there who would watch grass grow as long as it were on TV.
            Ever watch professional golf?

Kevin

Comment

Some common sense finally intrudes itself in the story....and thank God for the efforts of former child star Paul Peterson!!

Link....

Judge orders guardian for octuplets' finances

By SHAYA TAYEFE MOHAJER (AP) – 1 hour ago

ORANGE, Calif. — A California judge appointed a lawyer Monday to oversee the estate of Nadya Suleman's octuplets, saying he wanted to ensure they weren't exploited by reality television shows, tabloid photo spreads or other paid ventures.

Orange County Superior Court Judge Gerald Johnston dismissed arguments for family privacy and ruled Monday that an independent party should be appointed to scrutinize the finances of Suleman's octuplets.

The petition was filed on behalf of Paul Peterson, a former Disney Mouseketeer who is an advocate for the fair treatment of children in entertainment.

During a brief hearing, Arthur J. LaCilento, a lawyer for Suleman, called for the petition to be dismissed based on the family's needs for privacy.
              >
              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
                Yeah, I know... I just don't get it...

Originally posted by KRSESQ View Post
                Ever watch professional golf?
                I'm relieved you don't mention snooker...
                pixar
                Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
                X